1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon The second Playmaker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 29, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

anyone who wants EG minutes to go up fail to take into consideration this is huge in allowing him to be healthy for once. And like I've said before the floor balance of a deeper team is finally a strength for the Rockets. All this starting and getting his minutes in the 35+ is absolutely unnecessary on a nightly basis. He already plays "starter" minutes and is in the game in meaningful moments. This obsession with EG and his minutes is just puzzling. Seems more selfish than anything just based on the status which isn't ideal if you care about the team as a whole.

Dgn1 likes this.
  2. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

So the notion Harden cant play with another scorer is now is defunct.

FANfrom86toNow, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Gordon used to be lightning quick in Indiana. He's not that far off, but I don't think I've seen him dunk once this year. He still has the crafty handles and that great jumper that'll allow him to take guys off the dribble for years.

basketballholic likes this.
  4. onreego

onreego Member

What are you talking about? Harden was the reason the great Marcus Thornton could not get off the bench. He is also why Ty Lawson struggled so much here, Indiana, and Sacramento. At least that's what I read here and the internet doesn't lie.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

he actually had a pretty nasty dunk this year straight to the rim on a drive. Surprised a lot of people haha. I forgot what game is was. Couldn't have been too long ago

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Forget Gordon's offense. We all know he is a legit scorer. I'm most impressed with his defense. he is not the sieve that many predicted defensively

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS! It can not be emphasized enough!

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps the toronto game, one that we almost come back

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

That was always a B.S narrative, man. Harden has always been a team oriented player, but he still needs teammates who can like make the shots go into the basket and stuff man. Dwight Howard wasn't that guy even though he thought of himself as best center ever and all.

So far it looks like Gordon is going to be a very strong candidate for 6th man of the year. His game and his role with this team reminds me much of when Dallas got Jerry Stackhouse, he was a huge game changer for them off the bench after he had all of those injuries.

ricardo1979 likes this.
  11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This man is better than Marcus Thorton in every possible way when most would be happy if he could re-fulfill that role at best.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I hear ya, Harden was obviously tired and looking like he wanted to just shoot contested three's. However, I do think that after his iso wasn't working he kicked it to Gordon who had like 6-7 seconds to isolate on KD and he did a double between the legs hesitation to a left hand floater ... and MADE it. lolz, Kerr was like "TRAVELING!!!" My goodness, I don't want to be labeled a warriors hater (though I have to admit I was rooting for the cavs in the finals), but the warriors seemed to be super entitled all game. I think everyone in the nba travels (gordon arguably took 3 steps after his dribble compared to everyone's travels when gathering the ball for a dunk), but just because he made a shot on your superstar doesn't mean he MUST have cheated to do so.

Nevertheless, I agree. At times Harden should and probably will look to Gordon for more of these types of scenarios.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Lol, my exact thoughts! I really loved Thornton when he was with us and was hoping to get someone of his calibre when we lost him (he was like our only other consistent shot-creator/maker). Turns out Gordon is even better.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Now if we could just get a consistent big that can create his own shot around the paint that would be great balance. Last night I didn't like EVERY play being set up by James outside the 3 pt line with that lazy dribbling. As good as he is I just want him to have some help getting the offense going and creating. Someone with a Milsap like skillset as a F would be awesome. Anderson, for the most part, gets a pass and looks to pass it right back to James or Eric. Wish he could 'do something' with it. So that is what I mean by a F with ball handling shot creating skills. Keep Ryan, just add somebody off the bench. Heck Nene does it sometimes..

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

We already have a big man, his name is Capela.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Looking more and more like a right-handed Cat Mobley.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gordon is the marquee signing, not Anderson.

DonKnock and Tha_Dude like this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

They should switch contracts

DonKnock and Tha_Dude like this.
  20. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I've noticed in several of the games, when Ego makes a particularly nice play, he gets a *lot* of love from Pat Bev, much more than is normal.

Bear hugs, head slaps, gets right in his face. It's funny coz Ego hardly reacts or even change expression.

Is there something going on between these two?

FANfrom86toNow likes this.