1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon The second Playmaker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 29, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

No, he really is that bad. Like, he should be in the D-League at best until he learns how to: 1) finish a layup 2) shoot a midrange shot 3) shoot a 3 pt shoot and 4) Defend. Yes there are worse, but they aren't in the league or playing for the Rockets currently.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. SDsportsjunkie

racist?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Is this post supposed to be a joke? Ironically, in 2014 Gordon played in 64 games. Which, compared to a lot of his other seasons, is pretty good.

So I guess you are saying that we would have won all 64 games that he played in, and then the + would be whichever other games we were lucky enough to win when he was injured?

He then had arthroscopic knee surgery and missed the rest of the season and the playoffs so he wouldn't have helped us win a championship

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I think people are being overly critical on T.ennis ball.

He is an above average facilitator and a good defender. Thats all the Rockets really need from him right now. At 22 years ill take what he is giving us. Also, there is no reason to think he wont improve over a season of running a Dantoni offense. He has already shown slow but steady improvement. Yall just need to be patient for once.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We need to get out of the mindset of having a person handling the ball all the time. Harden is a REALLY special case. When the ball is not in his hands, the ball and players should be moving non-stop and we should go to a shot creator only if the movement fails. There are a handful of players that have better impact than excellent motion offense.

6. FANfrom86toNow

What we need is someone that can facilitate the offense when Harden sits so that hopefully we don't get outscored and can at least try to play the other team's subs evenly. As long as Ennis is our PG when Harden sits, I expect our team to lose leads, be outscored and generally look bad when he is out there. I see no reason to give him a chance when he doesn't possess the skills. We don't owe him any attachment as a Rocket fan base because he is new to the team and hasn't earned anything to be given a chance. His chance was in training camp and preseason and he proved nothing to me, while obviously the Rockets organization and coaches think otherwise. It won't be the first time that the Rocket's organization made trades or picks or got players that they thought were worth it and some fans disagreed, and the fans were right.

The trade of Beasley for Ennis will go down as one of the worst ones for Morey imho. Beasley can get you 10-15 points a night with 15 minutes of play. That's enough to keep the teams even until Harden gets back in. I would play Brown 1000 times before I ever played Ennis.

If he improves light years over the season, I will be the first to congratulate him and root for him as a Rocket. But I don't want to lose games trying to develop him. We owe him nothing.

Mr Chuck Norris and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

What are you talking about op. We've had Cory GOATer for 3 years now

8. dmoneybangbang

I don't think he is a good defender as of now as he gets lost on assignments but I agree with the rest. He looked better in game 2 so hopefully he improves enough.

9. dmoneybangbang

That's a lot of hyperbole. Beasley is a gunner and is worse on defense statistically so he may score a lot but he'll give up a lot. Bobby Brown is also a gunner. We have one of those in Eric Gordon who can serve a secondary playmaker. We need a distributor and hopefully Ennis improves enough while Bev is out.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised LOH thread and Parsons hata

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your strategy sounds like a lot of hoping and praying. Is that you JB???

12. dmoneybangbang

Oh, do we have another distributor on the team that is hiding somewhere? Ever heard of the phrase, "play the hand you are dealt"?

13. FANfrom86toNow

Gordon, or even Brown if you want to look at his last game with 9 assists. Like you said, play the hand you are dealt. Ennis has no hands or anything else.

14. dmoneybangbang

MDA and the coaching staff obviously disagree with you. I expect Gordon to play the role of distributor and off the ball while Ennis gets like 10-15 MPG as the primary distributor until Bev gets back.

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

You guys are wrong. Tennis ball is going to be a stud in the near future. He had feel for the game tht you cant teach. He just needs to sharpen hos game up... jumpers, lay ups, floaters. Make those and got a potential kyle lowry esque star in the making. And this time the Rockets keep him.

16. FANfrom86toNow

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that obviously MDA thinks differently from me. But last year McHale and JBB also thought differently than me about Brewer, and neither of them are here anymore. We will probably always be outscored when Ennis is on the floor running the team because he does NOTHING very good at all. Hopefully he is just out there to showcase a trade, which unfortunately will probably only make his value go down. He just should have never been trade for 1st, cut second, and third not trying to make him something he is not, an NBA rotation player.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Some people just have no idea do they

18. dmoneybangbang

There you go again with that hyperbole. Look we will just have to agree to disagree as I don't like to have discussions with hyperbolic and absolute statements. Nor do I like to write a player evaluation in stone after 2 games on a new team. I don't have high expectations for Ennis, but I see why he's getting 10-15 MPG.

19. FANfrom86toNow

We can definitely agree to disagree, but it's not hyperbole on my part. I was being very literal in my statements about Ennis, and 3 other teams saw it the same way. And it's not just 2 games, he did nothing to earn minutes in preseason to me. If you think he deserves 10 to 15 minutes a game, I can see also why you or coaches give Brewer that many minutes or more also. But from a basketball standpoint, I fundamentally disagree with you and those coaches. No hard feelings, the season will give us both more info about where we both stand on this issue.

20. dmoneybangbang

Brewer plays a fundamentally different role and I would prefer to play KJ over Brewer. The only reason Ennis is playing is because Bev is injured and we need a distributor, or more accurately a pnr distributor.