1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon surgery on his right knee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Timein, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Timein

Timein Member

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Man, David Stern managed to simultaneously screw all three teams in that Cp3/ Pao trade.

3. cod

cod Member

Out another 6 weeks.

He got the best deal for the Hornets in terms of star talent and making that franchise more saleable.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

:mad: ruining me in my fantasy league.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Morey needs to do everything within his power to get EG in Houston once he hits the open market this summer.

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

The Gordon owner in my league just dropped him today, and it's a 16 team league. Maybe you should do the same unless you are seriously ahead of the pack.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I know dude, he was my third pick -- I really expected him to have a huge year. I let him ride on my bench for the first month, after they said he'd be out another month I dropped him. One of my buddies picked him up (I knew it would happen), and now he's out another 6 weeks. At least I know he won't be lighting me up in the playoffs.

8. cod

cod Member

He hasn't been able to stay healthy since his sophomore year. Do we really want to relive having a wing player on a max contract with knee issues?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You have to wonder how important sell-ability is in all of this... what's Stern so hung-up on? The NBA is a business. Survival of the fittest. Let the team dissolve instead of keeping it in this awkward limbo phase.

10. sew

sew Member

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

The NBA won't contract until it's absolutely necessary, instead of we get the carosuel of teams moving from one city to another every 5 years.

Stern probably doesn't want the Hornets to move, even though it would make sense, I think he's holding out for a Louisiana native to keep the team there.

12. arjun

arjun Member

Hopefully he recovers as well as Amare..

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He got two players that clearly wanted nothing to do with the team and seem to be determined to get out by this July.

The only way his deal bested the one he nixed is that it's helped the Hornets tank for a high end lottery pick.

14. cod

cod Member

I'd guess it's tied to maximising their tv deal. Like any other major sporting comp the most important contract is the broadcast rights.

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

think NO would do Martin and 1st rounder for Gordon?

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess the alternative of being a worse version of us was better?

1 person likes this.
  17. Asian Sensation

I hope he doesn't end up like Brandon Roy.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

WAYYY too much for Gordon going into Restricted Free Agency given the fact that he's going to command a near max level contract this summer that Im not sure he's worth.

If this is the player that Morey is rumored to be "shedding cap space" for then sure why not, but he better be able to stay healthy if Morey is going to give up Martin and potentially pay the max to keep him in Houston.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nice trade, David.

20. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Didn't he decline a contract extension? Hopefully he fully recovers and doesn't end up regretting that if he doesn't get any good offers.