1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon needs to step up.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Apr 29, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Gordon will just go off every few games.

We didn't need him today, which is fine, we'll need it another time .

He needs to keep driving shooting and defending. That's it.

D-rock, bilaal14 and charlieaustin like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Offensively, he needs to pick his shots better. Otherwise, he plays well in our defensive switching system and is able to give Harden and CP3 rest. Harden has been averaging ~35MPG this playoffs which is a Rockets low for him and CP3 is also averaging near a career low for playoff at 32 MPG.

Obito likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gordon and Anderson need to average 10+ pts a game coming off the bench. They’re both capable of doing it

RudyTBag and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Shooters shoot... and he is going to keep shooting... they will begin to fall.... atleast he hasnt been a negative.

5. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

My boi bilaal, peace my brother:cool:

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

He will be fine, there's gonna be a game this series where he gets 25 off the bench to save us and Harden shoots like junk. This game really wasn't even close tbh, everyone's waiting for this utopian game out of every player at the same time I swear...

Hakeemtheking and charlieaustin like this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't understand why we can't run a couple of plays early on each game when he gets in, that result in his wide open in the corner.

Get him the easiest 3s, hopefully he makes them and his confidence grows for that game.

Jake Tower likes this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

EG and Anderson not showing up against the Warriors will be our downfall. If they perform like **** the next round, Morey needs to ship them both out for another all-star.

Ever since Ryno came back he looks scared to shoot his normal shots.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Agree, he definitely needs to play a lot better. Hopefully he gets in rhythm at some point this series.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ryno wasn't hesitating at all in Game 3 last round. And he made a bunch of 3's that night. But it looks as if he's basically given up on shooting at Toyota Center and acts as a decoy out there. The only time he seemed to shoot the ball in the closeout game against Minnesota was when he had to because the shotclock was about to expire. And go figure, he knocked in a 28-footer.

As for EG, he started out horribly last round and came on strong in Games 3-5. Maybe the same thing will happen vs Utah. He's a streaky shooter, so he's gonna have games like this.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's been off the whole month of April sans a couple games. I hope he can get his shot back sooner than later.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He missed a lot of games in April to rest that ankle. That has to be contributing to his loss of rhythm. The Rockets' best playoff performers offensively thus far have been Harden and Capela. They're also the two guys(aside from Tucker) who took the fewest games off down the stretch after the #1 record was locked up.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He should temporarily focus on driving, and allow that to open up his 3.

D-rock likes this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

One thing I love about EG is that he fits like a glove. He isnt scared to shoot the ball regardless of what is happening. If he shoots in 100 times and misses it 100 times, he is going to take shot 101 with no hesitation. Thats what this team needs.

D-rock likes this.
  15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I hate Ryan Anderson for the record.

But if we are being honest, he hasnt shot the ball because most of the time the defenders are draped over him..... just by passing him the ball there is no space to work with because he is usually camped out way behind the 3. He isnt worth $18mil. But the space he provides is priceless.

Cant wait til he is out of here for LB23 or PG. LOL

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guess the original thread title could have swapped the words "wake the f***" for "step."

Sure, the mods would have changed it from my suggestion to the current title anyway, and then punished the OP for a spell, but it would have been worth it.

Here's to hoping Eric Gordon sets aside that kryptonite.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been hearing that all year. Hey, if he can get it going against the Warriors then it's all good.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Ryan just didn't hesitate and trusted his shot things would be so much better. The few times he does shoot are at a higher percentage than anyone on the team who has taken over ten 3's. EG on the other hand, well.....shooting nasty. His 37% FG and .289 from behind the arc won't cut it against the Warriors, if that's who we face next. Chris Paul at .333 isn't doing much much better from behind the arc. I'm hoping they all get on fire soon, and then nobody will be able to beat us period.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo is stepping just fine ... on rolled ankles.

Just keep playing D, attacking rim and the Splash will return.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Gordon needs to spread his fingers and snap his wrists more.

Worked wonders for Kyle Watson