1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe isn't a starting caliber PG.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by charles_zed, Feb 3, 2013.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

This guy is going to be a stud one day. The team that gives him a starting job will reap the benefits.

2. The Blake Show

Anybody watching lately? The guy has dominated Memphis in the two games so far. Like literally changing the entire game more than anybody on either team. Last night 8 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks and SUPERB defense in just 13 minutes but the game before he had 15/6/3/2 in just 18 minutes and scored 13 in the 4th quarter, forcing a ton of turnovers with his D.

Mike Conley has shot 20 percent from the floor this year with Bledsoe on the floor in 6 games now.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Rockets should sign that guy.

4. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

could be the only guy to slow down westbrook in the coming decade

5. Awesome

Awesome Member

He definitely has value but he's not a starter and his decision making leaves something to be desired if you leave him to too many minutes.

6. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

Reminds me of another PG I know.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Exactly. Reminds of Jamal Crawford.

8. The Blake Show

As a starter he averaged 14 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 4.5 apg, 2.5 spg and 1.5 bpg on solid efficiency to go with the elite man defense. That's top 10-15 PG level, not to mention he didn't have our full roster to work with because guys like Billups and Butler were out at that time. So I'm trying to figure out how that's not a starter. Remember Bledsoe just turned 23 recently and has improved dramatically across the board from last year to this year. No telling how good he will become.

Sure his decision making isn't the best but it's probably better than superstar Russell Westbrook and that hasn't stopped him from becoming a top 10 player. Not saying Bledsoe will be that good but to say he could eventually be a top 10 PG in this league if he hits max potential isn't far fetched in the least bit.

9. The Blake Show

"Bledsoe put up some fantastic numbers defensively, and led the Clippers to a respectable 7-6 record without their superstar Chris Paul. Bledsoe put up 14, 5, and 5 as a starter with 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks a game. The points and assists are admittedly pedestrian for a point guard, but if Bledsoe put up those same numbers throughout the season, he would be 1st in the NBA in steals, 1st amongst guards in blocks (by a WIDE margain), and 2nd amongst all guards in rebounds per game (1st amongst PG’s)."

This is from an article assessing his value. People forget that CP3 went down during our most difficult stretch of the season and longest road trip of the year. BTW Bledsoe's PER in the playoffs last year was over 22, which is all star-superstar level. This year it's a ridiculous 39 in a tiny two game sample. His PER 36 in these two playoff games? An INSANE 26 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 5.6 apg, 1 bpg. That's not a Forward folks.. that's a PG.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'll take Bleds

11. Exel

Exel Member

Rockets are looking for a PF. Get it done, Morey.

12. conquistador#11

Well you can't go wrong using per so I say clippers should cut ties with chris paul. They could go spend that money on another superstar.:eek:

=/

13. larry cook

larry cook Member

Are you a Lof? ditch lins poisonous contract for bledsoe the young animal.
    One thing your forgetting is bled is handicapped from a very potent offensive scoring team in the Clippers. From the starters down to the bench caron, odom, hill, green, crawford, bill ups, even barnes can score. Once bledsoe branches off he will emerge. I'd happily pay bled lins contract and get more in return considering his toughness and defense/offense. Hes a Gooo Getta who won't come out scared on a night to night basis or rely on Harden or Parsons throughout the night as fans defend him as if hes Yao Mings second coming. Dude will come out swinging right off the bat, think of beverly with offensive moves and power. Beverly's not quite a starter but bled definitely is! Bled>>>Lin

14. Awesome

Awesome Member

That's not long enough to determine anything man. I know he's young, I know what he can do, but honestly, you'd start him over a healthy Billups at point guard? I know you wouldn't.

Bledsoe has his place man, and I've watched him all year long, but he has to get better to be a really solid starting PG. By the time he gets scouted well, he'd be picked apart.