1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe isn't a starting caliber PG.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by charles_zed, Feb 3, 2013.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

Rondo wasn't a rookie when they won.

2. Fefo

Fefo Member

u can argue chauncey billups did it with detroit... even if it was a pretty balanced team.

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

This thread probably wouldn't even exist if bledsoe had a whole career being a starter. transitioning from 6th man to starter is pretty hard for a player that's used to coming off the bench.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Rockets have some experience with players transitioning from 6th man to starter. :p

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This has got Daren Collison written all over it.

He was the last PG who played behind Paul in a PG centric offense and exploded in his playing time. Turns out he was just a product of the system and not actually a good player.

6. rinklob

rinklob Member

Griffin has been a better playmaker than Bledsoe for the Clips over most of the last stretch.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

I agree based on my obersvation. To me, he is like Kyle Lowry, which is not exactly a compliment.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I stopped reading when you said Ginobli and Jason Terry aren't good at being starters...

9. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

The Clippers should trade CP3 as soon as he's healthy...

No way a team will win a championship with it's point guard as the highest paid player.

10. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Ginobili couls have been a starter for any team but as recently as two seasons ago Pop ended the experiment because he was much more productive coming off of the bench. There are injury issues too but Pop did try him as a starter. Terry has never been good as a starting PG period.

11. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Name me a great PG with a championship level supporting cast that didn't win it all. I am waiting.

A pretty r****ded comment imo. The Clippers are garbage without CP3 and impact wise only LBJ and Durant have more impact on and off the court.

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Precisely. He is quite literally the entire offense. Even VDN said so. He is basically the HC of that team since VDN has no clue what he is doing and he drives the entire offense. The Clippers without CP3 went from an elite offensive team to average or even below average.

13. hltiki

hltiki Member

In other words, I'm not just some Lin fan who started watching NBA in 2012 SHAYAN

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I love the part where you have no idea what you're talking about but you come off so authoritarian. The whole "period" thing like it's a closed case after you post something flat out wrong is cute too.
    <br>
    You realize before he went to Dallas Jason Terry played for Atlanta, right?

He was their starter for like 4 years after his rookie season and avg'd something like 18 pts and ~6 assists per game.

Guess he wasn't good then.
    <br>
    Then he was traded to the Mavs...I think for Antoine Walker (LOL)
    <br>
    Guess what...

He still avg'd around 15.5 pts and 4.5 assists his first couple of years in Dallas....AS A STARTER

Guess he sucked as a starter then too.
    <br>
    He only started coming off the bench after they got Kidd back in 08.
    <br>
    Now I will admit that Terry is a impressive weapon to have off your bench. The guy is a hell of a player and for him to be your sixth man is great.

But to say he was never a good starter is rubbish.

The facts prove otherwise.
    <br>
    As for Ginobli, well...

I'm not even going to address how ridiculous that one is. He played very well as a starter. It was just better for the Spurs that he come off the bench to better stagger their big 3's minutes.

His stats as a starter prove this.

Popovich just has shrewd coaching techniques that are ahead of his time. There's never been a knock on Ginobli as a starter. It's just a testament to Pop's coaching philosophy and ability to manage his player.

15. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Lol tell me what Jason Terry accomplished while he was at Atlanta.

For every game they won, they lost two. The Hawks were lottery-bound for his entire tenure there.

Jason Terry is a great player, but he's not a very good starting PG. If you disagree with me than we'll just have to agree to disagree.

As for Ginobili, as I already said, he could have been a starter for any basketball club in the NBA. I didn't mean to marginalise his game, what I was referring to was simply the role he played, which was the third option off of the bench for the Spurs.

16. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Mark Jackson
    Tim Hardaway
    Penny Hardaway
    Mark Price
    Kevin Johnson
    Steve Nash - to date
    John Stockton

Still Waiting?

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    If you think Terry was a bad starter just because he was stuck on a terrible Hawks team in the mid 00's, you are really dumb. And I don't mean that as an insult. Just a general observation.

Maybe you should stick to playing badminton and ping-pong and just avoid discussing basketball for a while.

18. The Blake Show

Bledsoe's last 3 games including today.

23 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks.

17 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 block and 1 steal.

27 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 steals, 2 blocks.

WAY too soon to write off a raw, young PG not used to carrying a burden like this yet. His upside is still insane.

19. The Blake Show

Actually 3 blocks today and just 6 rebounds.

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Im thinking he might get Kyle Lowry type money...he's a borderline starter/6th man same as Lowry at one point.