1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe anyone???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your blind.

2. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I don't think Lin sucks, like somebody said earlier he is inconsistent just like brooks was after he got hurt here and Klowry took his spot. I do believe the way you solve that problem is to bring in real competition and let them battle it out. 8 mill per year is to much to pay for a inconsistent player. I know Lin is going to be traded but I see Bledsoe as someone who is still on there rookie contract at good money so we really don't have to do a major roster break up to get him.

3. rokit

rokit Member

he doesn't need a real competition, the effort is there night in night out.

people expect too much from lin, this system is not made for him to score 20 pts and have 10 assist evey damn night

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

With that said, i expect a few teams throwing a big enough offer for Bledsoe that the Clippers won't dare to match.

By the way, Eric Bledsoe is the type of talent Darly Morey would love to have on his team.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yes please. Bledsoe is a bad ass. He'd be a great young piece to add.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Bledsoe is a great player - and he is going to command starters money. He is too small to play SG, so we either have to invest heavily in the PG position and split his minutes with Lin, or we have to get rid of Lin to get him... And that won't happen. Lin is a money maker for Les and gets us major media attention - and Bledsoe is good but not an elite talent. So Bledsoe will take his talents elsewhere...

7. ballplayer

Screw his effort when you paying a guy 8 mill to lead your team as the PG. He needs to Step it up, or step back. We can't be nice to hime just because he jersey sales and he is marketable figure on the team.. We need him to be a significant part in winning games night in and night out. Generally speaking the PG is heart of the team, the coach on the floor, the position that doesn't let the team rest and pushes them to impose there will on the opponent. Lin does that sometime but his effort in that department leaves a lot to be desired. Look at what other 8 Million dollar point guard are doing compared to him
    Jrue Holiday abused him lastnight at 2.6mill a season this year
    Greivis Vasquez 2.1 mill has killied him twice this year and most recently the other night.
    Even the rookie for Portland Lillard has outplayed Jlin.

The thing about Jeremy is right now he gets up for the better guards in the league( (Rondo, CP3, The Knicks, Tony Parker,) but the lesser known names are giving him the blues. I'm not saying he needs to be on every night with his shot but he needs to at least be steady Everynight regardless of competition!!

Until he gets there he needs real competition in his own camp!!!

he doesn't need a real competition, the effort is there night in night out.

people expect too much from lin, this system is not made for him to score 20 pts and have 10 assist evey damn night[/QUOTE]

8. LikeMike

I get what you're saying, but I believe you have to look at it with another angle... And that's the salary cap. Almost everyone believes we need at least another max player to compete. We get Bledsoe and pay him, we can't afford that. And Bledsoe is not the missing piece for a championship team...

9. King1

No need to split his minutes with Lin. He can play 35-38 and Lin can get 10-15 until his contract expires.

Lol at Lin being a money maker. Have you seen our attendance this year?

10. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

[/QUOTE]

You mean you screw his defensive effort?

Please include a link that Lin GETS UP for the CP3. I love to see that game that Lin can get up to the superstar pg.

thank you.

11. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

12. LikeMike

Lin has more than 20 millions left on his contract... That's a lot for a 10-15 minutes guy that is just sitting out his contract. That would basically destroy our chances at another max player... And are we really willing to give up on a player with potential after not even half a season? I say the only way Bledsoe becomes a rocket is if we are trading Lin.

And yes, Lin is a money maker, because he creates interest in the Rockets. Don't just look at seats, look at national exposure, jersey sales, TV games, commercials...

13. ballplayer

You are right he hasn't played him yet. My mind is on the Clippers game because I'm expecting a big game/effort from him on Wed when we play them.

I meant to say Derron Williams from the Net last season with the Knick he gave him 25 points. When play the nets on the 26th of this month trying to make both games this month.

You mean you screw his defensive effort?

Please include a link that Lin GETS UP for the CP3. I love to see that game that Lin can get up to the superstar pg.

thank you.[/QUOTE]

14. King1

I don't care about his endorsements. That's mostly going to him. I just want a quality pg and so far he hasn't been that

15. pnr

pnr Member

It's like a broken record with you. I swear every post you write on here is saying Lin sucks. We get it already. No need to post it in every thread...

16. rokit

rokit Member

jrue signed a 4 year/ $46 million contract extension.

a good game for lin should be 10-15 pts 5 ast, solid defense, a couple of rebounds and steals.

17. ballplayer

Right now Beldsoe is still on his rookie contract really cheap, shouldn't take much to get him here and I would give one of our rookies PFs or Marcus Morris or Ppat for him and Given his experience I give him a quicker chance of developing than Lin and I think he could actually be a point guard that could be productive while in with Big Game James, aka 25+, aka The Beard!!!

BTW Lin won't lead us to a championship either.

18. Exel

Exel Member

But why would the Clippers give him up, especially with Paul not having signed an extension yet? I don't see the Clippers doing anything until they know what Paul is going to do and that may not be resolved til the summer.

19. King1

How come you aren't complaining for all the excuses being made for Lin's poor play? We get it, you'd blow him if given the chance.

I'll post in whatever threads I want

1 person likes this.
  20. King1

That rep is flying in btw. Guess everyone else is just as sick of LOF fans as I am