1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Epic Restaurant Fail

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, May 14, 2013.

1. brooksstephens

I agree with all who suspect this is a money laundering operation... a very poorly executed one.

The husband (and owner) has EXCLUSIVE access to the POS system. This is the biggest red flag for fraud that you can get.

Also, he clearly doesn't give a crap how well the restaurant does, telling customers to F off nightly. He knows that no matter how many customers come in, it's all just a means to an end for him.

1 person likes this.
  2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You can't hide their type of crazy for too long. Someone's gonna bait them.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The owner displays criminal mentality. The wife displays crazy. Both are made for each other.

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I would diagnose the wife as having persecutorial delusions, a.k.a., schizophrenia.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Money laundering just makes no sense. Isn't the entire point of money laundering trying to keep a low profile and make sure that no one bothers to examine your books too carefully? This whole mess, and dealing with Ramsey, is the exact opposite.

Then again, the owners are clearly idiots.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. In Arizona they're offended, while in Chicago, it's tradition :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vo1LPf9mnyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

More so for letting an average small business be scrutinized inside out by the worst critic possible than for their business or management acumen. The stuff Ramsay is the most histrionic about, quality of food, is actually the least discernible and most subjectively evaluated by regular customers.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, while "taste" is subjective, his complaints seemed valid... The pizza was clearly raw in the middle, the bun was dripping grease and you could tell the salmon sandwich was dry.

My real question is what is "Samy" the original gangster going to do when he finds out that Gordon Ramsey has a lengthy history of porking restaurant owner's wives, and that Gordon porked Samy's wife like a used meat puppet.

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

Everyone who feels sorry that the waitress got fired is nuts. I feel sorry that she and whoever works/worked there had to put up with that. I was happy that she was set free!

11. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

can some tell me what crazy cat lady was saying towards the end of the show?-"its yallah its yallah, its christmas lets go home"

wtf is yallah?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think it's Arabic for something like "let's go" or something like that. I'm guessing the equivalent to vamanos or something.

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

laugh all you want, but that restaurant has 84,000 likes, and probably a millions' dollar worth of publicity. Might be terrible terrible publicity, but is there even such a thing? meh.

14. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Correct.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It depends on whether you can learn to embrace it or not. I'm not sure she knows it's the bad publicity that is working for her. She still thinks she's that good.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They could get a soup nazi thing going on and start packing the place, but of course the quality of the food would have to improve dramatically along with speed it was served.

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

those likes aren't really valid when they're non targeted and not even in the area of the restaurants. Mostly 4chans and reddits liking it so they can comment on the page

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

if you read thru some of the comments, people are liking it so any further crazy posts come up on their walls without them having to go look for them.

You dont have to like a page to comment on it

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You mean to tell me all those desserts in that display were not even baked by her and she stood there accepting compliments from Chef Ramsey knowing that? I must have missed the part where he found out she didn't even make them. That is hilarious. She will accept credit and feel good about herself over something she didn't even do? Well, someone set up the display and I doubt it was even her versus one of those tip-starved waitresses.

I wish I could parade around feeling good about the work of other people. I'm not sure where that sense of entitlement comes from except from a delusional mind.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'm not sure Ramsey found out about it.
    She got called out online abut it and came back with a response that basically said "so what, America is about resseling* ( sic)"

* she meant re-selling