1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Entertainment] Radiohead snubs Miley Cyrus and Kanye West

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hmm, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

the reactions by both is just absurd..

When Radiohead refused to meet Miley Cyrus and Kanye West at the Grammy Awards last month, the starlet threatened to "ruin" them and the rapper refused to stand for their performance. Now the In Rainbows band is fighting back.

Cyrus kicked off the feudin' during an appearance on the Johnjay and Rich radio show and rambled on for more than six minutes about how the band dissed her after she begged her manager to set up an introduction.

"I'm like, these are the people I really want to meet," she said. "I'd freak out. They're my rock gods. These are the only people that I would cry over…My manager asked and said, 'Miley's really obsessed. And they were like, 'We don't really do that.' "

She continued on in disbelief about the Thom Yorke band's lack of interest in meeting the Hannah Montana, admitting she was so disappointed about the diss, she left the show early.

"I left 'cause I was so upset," she said. "I wasn't going to watch. Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them, I'm going to tell everyone."

The three-time Grammy winners responded by putting the teen in her place…

"When Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement," the quintet said in a statement.

But the Radiohead beef buck doesn't stop there.

During the taping for his episode of VH1's Storytellers, West complained that Yorke snubbed him as well.

"When he performed at the Grammys, I sat the f--k down," the rapper said.

The British "Creep" singer, already in full retaliation mode, concluded a blog post on the band's website with a wink and a nudge to both stars. "Wish us all a safe journey if you still like us and you're not one of those people I have managed to offend by doing nothing," Yorke writes.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b104279_radioheads_thom_yorke_schools_miley.html

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Two people so full of themselves that they wouldn't believe it if somebody told them they weren't infallible.

Kanye is a egotistical prick. Apparently he said he wanted to meet them because they were "the only band close to his level" like what he does is so amazing that it touches the world.

I don't think people have existential meltdowns after they listen to a Kanye West or a Hannah Montana album, if anything it churns their mind into a fine paste that will continue to gobble up anything the population swarms and feeds on.

Miley Cyrus will be doing nude photo shots in about 5 years, she's so devoid of real talent it isn't even funny.

Kanye will reach the age when rappers die (37?) and then never be heard from again

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look that's uncool by Radiohead.

Noel Gallagher hates Limp Biskit, but he was happy to give Fred Durst an autograph when asked.

Just because Radiohead doesn't like Kanye or Miley doesn't mean they are lesser fans.

4. Convictedstupid

If radiohead are miley's 'rock gods', you'd think that some of their music or taste in music would flesh out in her music.

I dont see how a band could be dubbed as your rock gods, but then you write nothing remotely similar to them.

Its not like saying "I like them theyre cool and I want to meet them".

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thom Yorke seems like a total dick though.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

personally Radiohead went up a few notches in my book.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

All the great musicians are total dicks who are so self-absorbed that their superiority complexes allow them to either create music so free of standards and influences that it will either cement their positions as gods of their craft, or ruin them as fools who weren't nearly as talented as they believed themselves to be.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I saw them in Houston along time ago and they didn't play Creep.

I was like what the hell? I know that was their 'mainstream' hit, but as a fan I felt I got screwed over.

At least Oasis gave me some Wonderwall and Live Forever.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is awesome.....

DD

10. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Hasn't the consensus always been that he is a total dick? Sure can make some amazing music though. West and Cyrus not so much.

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Looks like Mr.Yorke is right up there with Bono as one of the biggest pompous pricks in music. Atleast I don't think Bono would dis a little teenage fan.

Radiohead sucks anyway.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Oasis > Radiohead

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Jajajajaja!!!!!

Kanye was dissed by some Euro fashion designer too. Forgot the story but basically Kanye approached the Euro designer and went on about BS, when he walked away the designer asked her assistant who he was and the assistant responded "I think he's famous in America."

Again... Jajajajaja!!!!

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I guess their little stunt paid off then.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Radiohead is way over rated.

Those other two... well they just plain suck.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Jaw Jaw Jaw is right.

And speaking of crappy music, I hear Limp Bizkit is making a comeback.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't find creep all that good compared to their other songs. It was their biggest mainstream hit but their catalog has a ton of great songs in it.

On the other hand, if I went to an Oasis concert and they didn't play Wonderwall I'd be like WTF because Wonderwall for me is easily the biggest song they have.

18. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

are u saying miley writes her own music??? i doubt that

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Try again

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

no one is debating that here.