1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough with the Marcus Morris project

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. nomangame

nomangame Member

My thoughts exactly. You can only achieve player development by playing a good amount of minutes.

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Too soon. McHale's decision to start him when he hasn't been in a game in two-three weeks with the reason that he spreads the floor doesn't make sense to me. Jones can easily spread the floor, he shoots threes better than Marcus. However, McHale knows best how Morris has worked his butt off and deserves a shot so I kinda get that though I wouldn't take a risk like that in a 1st game but that's just me. Then when Marcus just hold on to anything, rushed every shot and was completely out of rhythm, he still didn't sub him. So I blame McHale more for putting Morris in that position. Of course the guy is going to be rusty when he hasn't played that much and is put in the starting lineup.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He hasn't played for weeks...

(Idiots)

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Exactly how I fely about Morris tonight. Give him a few games. Mean while, go sink your teeth into TD!

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry OP.... Douglas stank more

Only one game but I think Jones and Smith should try at the 4 in absence of Patterson.

6. koopa

koopa Member

I just watched the game..the bottom line is he plays too lethargic. THe only positive i see from him is his movements and quick passing. Other than that he seems really passive. Terrence Jones will play much more polished than him and Jones has an inside game while Morris has none.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is Morris's first real minutes in an NBA game. He had nerves and he was rusty. Other than the blown layups and getting beat up my Maxiell, He was okay. He spaced himself well to get the layup opportunities. He just need some time so the game slows down for him.

8. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I saw Kelvin say something to McHale right after the technical. McHale said "I know". I think Morey is forcing them to play this guy.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Morey doesn't force any of his coaches to play certain players. McHale just wants to see what he has in Morris when given real NBA minutes. It's interesting that he's playing Morris at the 4, maybe Morris can't handle the 3 like what he was suppose to be drafted for. Morey is just crossing his fingers that Morris will flash enough positive plays to entice another team in including him for whenever the next Morey deal comes.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He had a couple of mental lapses and missed a couple of layups. Other than that, he was okay. They need to decide whether he is a 3/4. I haven't seen anything that tells me he is a 3. I think he could develop into a Carl Landry type at the 4.

FWIW, 4 offensive rebounds in 26 minutes is nice to see.

11. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

If McHale wanted to start Morris to see what he has I'm fine with that .......but WHY THE FUDGE WAS COOK BACKING HIM UP INSTEAD OF TERRENCE JONES smh jones could have easily played better smh

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

as i said earlier, i think it's pretty clear that he's not a starter. He's a good rebounder, but his ceiling appears to be relatively low. He's got a lot to improve on in his game. His court vision and instincts don't seem to be a strength.

However, all of the knee-jerk reactions, the sweeping assertions about how he's terrible or doesn't belong in the NBA ...it gets really tiring. I guarantee he will be improved by the end of the year. I still don't see a starter, and I have no idea what McHale was thinking, but Morris can be a valuable role player down the line...once they find out what his position is :)

but seriously ...quit the hating. He was a 14th pick in a bad draft. quit acting like he's a complete bust after one game.

13. Garner

Garner Member

Most disappointing part about Morris' 26 minutes, rust or not, was zero free throw attempts.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He's a four that operates his best at the mid post, putting him in the deep corner is a waste. Played ok, but needs to perk up because there are some hungry youngins that really want to play on the roster.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it will be interesting to see who gets the start at the 4 on Friday. I don't see how they don't at least get Jones some good minutes. and call me crazy, but if we really want to space the floor for Lin and Harden (which i think is an excellent idea), I can't wait till D-Mo develops because his inside-outside game has a chance to be special.

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It wasn't a good game for Morris, and I was very surprised that McHale didn't play Terrence Jones at all (I was expecting him to start with Patterson out), but I'm not giving up on Morris based on one game.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'm with ya, I love T-jones and I believe he could wind up starting when all is said & done. But D-Mo could be a scoring big off-the bench that flourishes against the opposing team's 2nd unit.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Lin only had 2 attempts. For the most part we didn't get to the line as much as you would like.

19. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

First off, Royce White hasn't shown anything but mental issues thus far. Yet he's over Marcus Morris? What exactly has D-Mo shown us?

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I firmly believe Marcus was playing out of position yesterday. That, plus the fact that he was rusty, warrants a little more patience. If he plays significant minutes over the next 10 games and doesnt improve, then move onto the rooks.