1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough with the Marcus Morris project

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Played on the most talented KU team in decades and got beat by an 11 seed in his last year. His basketball IQ is so low only a hobbit could find it. He was drafted over with Jones and White.

Last year of his rookie contract. Doubtful he gets the team option.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

With the current roster, the Rockets are no where close to a playoff team this year, and I see no harm in trying MM and other prospects in the beginning of the season (particularly, for a guy who had been working hard for the whole summer). Besides, they have traded most of their asset for James Harden, and I don't see they can afford to drop a prospect without giving him a fair chance.

3. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

hes so bad that he's even on the bench for teamfoe

4. koopa

koopa Member

I said his in his first year

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There were just better players that could have played beside him.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nice:grin::grin:.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He played in seventeen games last season. Seventeen. In 3 of those he played less than 3 minutes, so he basically has 14, now 15, games under his belt and prior to tonight he only avged 7 mins a game. That's not enough to dismiss him from the team. Clearly he's got skills. He can shoot, good ball handler for a combo forward, good post skills, and although he's not very athletic, he's far from a Brian Cook, and even Cook managed to have a career in the NBA.

Morris already said he had the wrong mindset last season. Throw that season away. A lot of rookies get it wrong their first year and need to start again the following year. Everyone, including the local media, has said he's playing and acting differently. It's not like they said he did well last season in practice and we're hearing the same story again this year. There's a new Morris. Let it play out for a while, he's a rookie all over again.

He still managed to get 7 boards. If he did that without boxing out, then that's yet another reason to be patient with him. Should be better once he boxes out...

I've always said at best he's a 18-20 ppg scorer. At worst, i'd say he's a solid back up in this league. He's too skilled to just give up on him like he doesn't belong here at all.

Because he lost weight to play the three. Again, there's no consistency for him. Imagine being told to lose weight and work on being faster, only to now be thrown to bang around with stronger and bigger power forwards.

#67 RV6, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Marcus Morris is a b!tch. Trade his a$$ as soon as possible.

9. dream1222

dream1222 Member

10. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He was clearly nervous in his first start. The jury is out on rather he can be an effective role player. The skill set is there without a doubt.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He'll get better.

Not at 4 though.

Obviously he was over matched there, they told him to slim down for the 3 spot and he did and then put him at 4 against that grown man Maxiel.

He could easily be the back up 3 while Delfino backs up Harden. I think at least with him and Delfino coming off the bench we should have some offense. When he did look well in preseason it was at SF.

As Rv6 pointed out he's still very much inexperienced. It's his 2nd year, had a bad game, not read to give up on Mook yet. Not at SF at least.

12. trowa

trowa Member

yeah, we should really give him chance if we didnt already have someone that is better at the 4. make him come off the bench, start him only if he deserves it over other 20 pf we got.

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

This is how Morris plays when he is rusty. He was out for most latter part of the preseason games with injury. Give him a game or two to get the butterfly out and nerves settle before we cast him into the dungeon!

Don't you think McHale didn't know that he played like shet? Of course, but he also knows that after a game or two, he will settle down.

I'm just glad most of you are not coaching the Rockets!

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Duh, Coachbadlee:rolleyes:.:grin:;)

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

badlee i actually agree with you.

he just brings absolutely nothing to the table and i don't see any sparks to get excited about.

16. MethodM

MethodM Member

This kid has no talent. He looks lost out there. All i see is mistakes and bad shots from him, trying way to hard to be flashy while sucking in the process. Didnt like him when he was drafted and dont like him now, he needs the boot.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i didnt see the game tonight. but i hope this guy proves everyone wrong.

exited for the rockets for the first time since the season with the win streak.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes and in those games he showed a pattern. He would do good one game then bad the next three.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree he hasn't shown much at all but I think they need to give him some playing time to see if he improves. I think that time should be backing up parsons and not at the four.

20. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

MARCUS MORRIS

(On personal performance): “I thought I played okay. I was a little rusty because I haven't played in a while. I'm ready to get back out to it to try and get more and more better with playing the four and getting in where I fit in at."

(On offense): "I wouldn't say the rhythm but just the speed of the game. I had a couple missed layups early."

(On team chemistry): "It was real, real exciting. James (Harden) could really score and a lot of people don't know he can really pass it. It's going to be an exciting season and I'm happy we got the win."

Rockets.com: Rockets Open Season In Style On Night Of Dazzling Debuts By Jason Friedman

I'd hate to see what he'd consider a poor performance.

#80 TheGM, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012