1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough with the Marcus Morris project

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't know if Morris is dumb, but he sure plays dumb.

I just don't see a long-term spot for him on a team of smart young guys.

2. trowa

trowa Member

btw, to those who are defending him. what potential do you see in morris? over jones or even white?

3. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I think we were showcasing him. We have like 4-5 Fours on our team and will be trading for Josh Smith (whether clutchfans likes it or not) using two of our 4's, our draft pick, the rights to Lull and a contract.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Coming off an injury and this is the first game outside of blowout losses and the last game of the previous season he got more then 10 minutes of playing time. Dude is basically a rookie but he played well enough not to be a massive determent to the team in a opening night win.

5. rocketblood713

I was wondering why they didnt start TJ instead I knew Morris was gonna get pushed around from big Max

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Last year wasn't even a full season and there was the lack of training camp

We need to at least give the guy a shot.We know Jones can ball and is probably the future PF, but we have to see if Morris is going to be in our plans or trade fodder.Just quit already with all the knee jerk reactions around here .. It's one freakin game and the guy did at least have 7 boards,not like he just stood around :rolleyes:

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wasn't it you that wanted us to start Thabeet

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

He literally was just coming off injury; give him a break. And it was one game. Wait a week or two.

9. trowa

trowa Member

it happens if u miss layups, couldnt catch the ball or cant grab rebound. but boxing out and playing defense is something that luck doesnt involve

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm done with Morris. He's confused on if he's supposed to be playing the 4 or 5. McHale should of played Terrence Jones and got his feet wet out there with Greg Smith.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think he is strong enough. Maxiell was tossing him around like a rag doll all night.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Damn, we still got the rights to Llull????!!!:eek:

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I guess I know who the new scapegoat is...been wondering who it would be

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honest, I think he has the potential to be a better offensive player. This is just of the limited sample size I've seen of all three plus Jones obviously seems the better defensive player and White having the best passing skills on the team of our entire front court. But I think Morris has the better offensive range but because he has been bounce in and out of the SF and PF position, I don't think he is developing as well as he should or even his twin.

Although the main reason I defend him comes down to the fact that people seem to want him to fail when really he hasn't done anything to warrant that. Hell, kid hasn't even had the chance before tonight, I want to see if he lives up to his talent and potential and frankly he has been decent. Not a all star but potentially a decent role player off the bench.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Enough with the arm-chair GM'ing.

How'd Delfino look tonight? :p

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The same guy it was las year. Coincidence? No.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his bball instincts are absolutely atrocious.

i counted no less than 4 defensive possessions in the 1st Q alone, where this jackass just stood and watched like a fool while a pistons player would drive right by him to the basket. he has no concept of team help defense or rotating.

and then the technical foul was just gravy on top.

later in the game, lin passes out to him for an open 3 in the left corner, and this imbecile proceeds to spend the next 5 seconds dribble dribble dribbling his way across court into the paint to pass it right back to lin and pointlessly reset the play all over again, but with only a few seconds left on the shot clock.

19. gsmiths_s

gsmiths_s Member

Give Morris more then one game before you throw him under the bus. Especially as he just came back from injury.

The team won.

20. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

he'll be better as time goes. like others said he just needs more consistency and he'll find his rhythm. like i said in another thread i was a bit thrown off when i saw he was starting but once he knows his role he should be decent.