1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough with the BS articles Jonathan!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Feigen quit being a puppet for Rockets management. In spite of how stupid some in management think Rockets fans are we fans know the truth. So why do you continue to try to feed garbage to us. I always respected your writing because in the light of a negative season you always tried to take a positve outlook on our team but enough is enough. How can you expect us to swallow this crap. I, like many on this board and in Houston, are long time Rocket’s Fans but I am no idiot, please don’t belittle our intelligence. This was Van Gundy’s doing we all know it and no amount of bulls#!t propaganda you write will make us believe otherwise!

So be man enough to speak the truth to us. Yes even if you can’t do it in the chron than be a man and speak the truth here. And don’t feed us BS we already know is not true. Yes it is clear CD had to orchestrate the deal and Yes it is clear Les had to approve it and Morey had to moneyball it. But Van Gundy was the root and source of the decision. And if you are so out of the loop that you don’t know that than at least admit as much. I am sick and tired of Van Gundy’s crap decisions and unmotivated coaching but I am more sick and tired of everyone ignoring the big fat elephant in the living room. Be a man amongst man and speak the truth tell us the elephant we see is there. I know many times I refer to JVG in less than endearing terms but as you can see I am not doing that now because I want you to know the sincerity in which I speak. I know you read this board as does Van Gundy so don’t insult our intelligence. Speak the truth or speak nothing. Be a man and not a puppet!

2. GKlutz

GKlutz Member

I still wish our startline is
    C Yao
    Pf Swift
    Sf Gay
    Sg TMac
    Pg Alston
    that's amazing!, and they will all grown at least in 3-4 years.

3. The Hungarian Rocket

Alston will be 33, TMac 31...

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Jonathon Feigen is the beat writer so you can forget him every saying anything bad even if it's true.

He has to watch out for his pay check which is 100% supportive of everything the Rockets do - which is fine except he should warn the audience with the following disclaimer at the top of every article:

I'm a brown noser and get paid to write brown nosing articles.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Feigen obviously has the most ties to the organization, so you have to recognize he usually has the best scoop of the Chronicle writers. But you also have to recognize he probably feels the needs to write with a positive slant, or his pipeline will be cutoff. In that event, he would end up covering the WNBA, not the best career move.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What are the ages of:

Shaq
    Antoine Walker
    James Posey
    Gary Payton
    Jason Williams

No need to inquire about Wade. Haslem is probably about 28.

Who else is in that rotation? Those are not young guys and they won.

In fact, while they have been close in the past, they finally won when they got older.... :eek:

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

And Gay would be 23 and Ming 30.

I understand we have a short window for the TMac/Ming era, but do you really think we are a championship team now or will be one in the next couple of years? I love and follow the Rockets, but I don't. This was a short-sighted trade made because...well I don't know why. It boggles my mind still.

8. Tameway

Tameway Member

Actually, Alston will be 27, the same to T-mac.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I know it was 4 am and I was depressed drunk and watching scrambled p*rn at the time.

10. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Alston turns 30 in the next month.

11. tedsun

tedsun Member

Yeah, and more terrible, they will follow the mind to get more players for this two or three years, with our future drafts.

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

my mind is still boggled. in 3 years, tmac will be declining (rapidly, imo) and gay will just be stepping into his prime. what better replacement for tmac at that point than gay? moreso, gay could (imo) contribute as a 3rd scorer now.

:( :mad:

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

i do disagree with your opinion on jvg being behind this trade. it doesn't make sense to hire a new GM, have the old GM on board still, yet let the head coach make this decision. it especially doesn't make sense when you consider that jvg has NEVER made personell decisions - by his own admission. after ~10 years of coaching and never wanting to make personell decisions, i find it hard to believe he put his hands into this one.

it would be completely out of character.

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i agree with every word he said......just like mcclain is a puppet for bob mcanair and the houston texans

15. rserina

rserina Member

I am amazed people are still complaining about this. Just ignore the positive vibes from T-Mac and Brown. The front office is stupid, the coaches are stupid, and the journalists are stupid, but the guys on the message board who watch a kid play 2-5 times a year when on national television, they are the ones with the basketball insight.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Griffin, is that you? That's fine, just don't drive at the same time, okay?

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I was working for and attending the University of Houston during the Phi Slamma Jama era. I'd have picked future NBA Top 50 Clyde Drexler. The Houston "professionals" picked Rodney McCray...who was jettisoned off after 5 seasons and ended his career with a Battier like 10.9 ppg and 5.9 rebounds.

If we are going to only trust the "professionals"...my money is on Jerry West over Van Gundy, Dawson and Morey.

18. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

Who needs 3-4 years? Gay can contribute NOW. If we get 12/5/3 from him I'll be happy because that's all we need from a 3rd option!

19. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

Yeah Isaiah Thomas is a GM, so everything he does should be correct, right?

20. airmanz

airmanz Member

NOt with JVG