1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

End of a season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Apr 17, 2001.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow , great game . Im sure most BBSers were at the game , But just seeing Rockets 114 Timberwolves 87 on a 13 inch Monitor can be a great feeling . First of all Dream , What a game , 24 points 9 rebounds 6 dimes , 2 steals and a swat . Is this the end of the Dream? not in my mind . Francis played well , near triple double as always , I thought small forwards did that? who needs Grant Hill with this guy , he did come up 9 POINTS SHY of averaging 20 points even on the year . Cat 16 points and 10 boards . Great game guys , Ill miss ya .

------------------
    Vice President of Executive Operations of the Sean Colson Fan Club

http://bbs.babitze.com

2. haven

haven Member

Great game, great season.

Yeah, Houston didn't make the playoffs... but they were good. This is a team that could have won 50 games if the West wasn't so damned tough.

Besides, I think this is the end of the lottery for a while. Remember Dallas last year? That's the Rockets this year. Minnesota, Utah, and Phoenix should all be contenders for NOT making the playoffs next year... and I wouldn't be surprised if the Rocks blow by all three of them.

The rebuilding is OVER, whether or not they get Webber. Francis and Mobley are going to be stars. And we get to watch it all happen [​IMG].

The playoffs would have been nice... but I'm not as disappointed as I expected. After all, it's not like our team is at the end of a run. It's just starting.

------------------
    I would believe only in a God who could dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Boston College - NCAA Hockey National Champions 2001

3. lived

lived Member

Great game, sums up this season for the Rockets. The team is moving in the right direction, and barring any drastic change to the organisation, 2002 playoffs here we come !!!!

And i don't we need Webber

------------------
    Do not harm little children!

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This team should have won 50. If they had taken care of the Nuggets and Clippers they would have done that easily.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

Protrolls.com!

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's try to keep this thread positive, eh Tweak?

Nothing anyone can say can make me feel bad about this season. I don't care if the Rockets didn't make the playoffs. Taking into account all the adversity they had to play through this year, I would say winning 45 games is amazing, and should not be looked down upon. This team will go nowhere but up from here on out until Francis and Mobley start to lose their game. Webber or no Webber next season, I know our Houston Rockets will make the rest of the league take notice, and maybe even begin to fear us.

Look out, Stern... Houston has created a monster, and it's hungry. And the only food that quells this appetite is NBA championships. GO ROCKETS!

------------------
    President of the Anal Retentive School for Jerks

Hey, I wanted to be president of something, and I swear everyone took every other presidential position already.

6. Valio!

Valio! Member

This has been one hell of a "rebuilding year"...If anyone would have told me the Rockets would win 45 games at the beginning of this season, I would have been excited about it...I'm still excited about it...let's assume the rocks will continue to improve next season in any case..so we have that plus, well let's look at some of our more vulnerable competition:

1) Utah will continue to age...those guys will still be good, but begin to slip, lose half a step...begin to crumble

2) Portland - an obscenely huge amount of money just doesnt buy what it used to. I think this team will be broken into little bits when they get swept in the first round...look for Scottie to try to go to Washington D.C. somehow...

3) Minnesota - used to own the Rockets..now have lost their way. No help from draft...will be decent, but with the Rockets even a tad better next year, pups wont be able to keep up

4) Sac-town...depends on if webber leaves and what they get for him (if anything)..glory years could start to fade in sacland...

5) sonics will just get worse as ewing gets older, payton whines more...

So I think Rockets will not only make the playoffs next year - but fight for the #4 or #5 spot...I think it only gets better folks..

------------------
    "I didn't like jr. high when I was there. Why would I want to watch it on tv?" P. Mesku's opinion about "Survivor"