1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Empty arena at tip off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2k8, May 11, 2017.

1. vizier

vizier Member

Les' net worth dropped by at least 50% tonight.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

They always talk about this problem on sports talk 790.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

Should we just get rid of the bars and club boxes? Everyone is hanging out there when the ball tips. Or at least the Rockets can close those just before the game starts?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It hasn't always been like that . I remember back in 2009 the city was behind the Rox . Those crowds vs the lakers were freaking hyped.

Even in the 2013-4 playoffs vs Portland if you go watch the old highlights , the building was practically hyperventilating when Dwight started off the game dominating.

in 2014/15 the building was rocking vs the mavs ... I don't remember what it was like vs the clips and GS .

I was at the playoff games last year , the crowd was definitely not at its best .

This year I've only seen it on tv and it looks dead .

I can't imagine the city stopped caring about the rockets , especially since we've had a good regular season and won in the first round . It really must be ticket prices

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les only cares about Chinese viewership
    So some Exxon executives didn't show up on time
    Big deal

Caesar likes this.
  6. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

When I pay money to see something whether it's a movie, sporting event, concert, I make sure I show up on time.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Truer words have never been spoken/ typed

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. I usually try to go to as many playoff games as I can but Les nearly tripled the price I usually pay, and as a realistic fan I knew we had less than a 1% chance to win it all this year why would I pay that... Unbelievable...

Screw the super teams

9. Buck Turgidson

How are ours different from any other playoff team's ticketing policies?

10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

They don't reserve the lower bowl for business people

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I heard people got tickets to Spurs game for 18 dollars.. The lowest Rockets ticket was like 60

NickKent likes this.
  12. touring_low

touring_low Member

I was there tonight,lower bowl was empty before tip off, end of 1st qtr and whatever quarter u wanna pick stayed empty. I made mention of it on the game thread, plus idk why they still play in those ugly grey checkered jerseys. Les seriously needs to lower tickets prices, until then I'm not buying season tickets (prices going up every season).

13. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I am disappointed with the team but definitely more disappointed with the crowd. At least the team showed up to the arena.

14. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

I posted this in the game 1 thread

Spurs game 1 tickets 60$
    Cavs game 1 tickets 55$
    Celtics game 1 tickets 60$
    ROCKETS GAME 3 TICKETS 120$

I went to every team website to try and purchase tickets. These were the cheapest ones I could find at the time. What justification is there for the Rockets to charge double that of other contenders?

15. eqsharp

eqsharp Member

Why should the fans take this organization and the games seriously when the Rockets have proven not to take the game of basketball seriously? 50% of the game is defense and for some reason the Rockets like to pretend the game is all about the other 50%.

Most fans know deep down that the Rockets aren't going to accomplish anything special and see no reason to be at the games early. The franchise has to start taking the game seriously by putting together a squad that can LEGITIMATELY accomplish greatness. Trying to cover over garbage with 3pt shooting perfume isn't going to get the job done.

16. Buck Turgidson

Good answer.

17. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

But did you watch that Astros game? That's a squad of winners you can really get behind! They play like they actually give a ****.

18. lewlloydfan

lewlloydfan Member

remember game 1 94 suns at hou, they didnt even sell out.. mad max said to hell with the fans

19. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

After such a historical season, what else is needed for people to show up in the playoffs?
    We've shown plenty of grit in the season (that obviously didn't translate) that would indicate we had a special group.

It's a three way street. And while I honestly believe our front office and players did the best they could this season, I don't think the same could be said for our fans. When consistently shitty teams consistently have better attendance records, having "a real contender" goes out of the window IMO. Our fans really can be embarrassing.

I honestly can't think of another team where I would ever see an empty arena in an elimination playoff game.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

They did? Which arena?