1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

employee #8 be our sf?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Aug 12, 2003.

1. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you can just move shoot first fat men to the 3, move Taylor there.

Hey, if it worked, that'd make the Rox pretty good.

if there's one "team" with worse ballhogging than the rudy rox, it's walker and pierce er the celts.

2. Nova

Nova Member

That's not the point, trading for Walker does upgrade the sf position, if he can indeed play it, but is it enough to offset the loss of Mobley and Taylor. Sure Taylor doesn't bring much D, but he can light it up, is a pretty good passer, and seems to be an improving rebounder, Mobley is definitely an offensive force, and a good defensive player as well. Bringing in Dirk would obviously offset the loss of Taylor and Mobley, no questions about it. But when you're talking about Walker I disagree. I think we're better off with Mobley and Taylor.

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Nope :(

His skill would not mix well with JVG and the new Rockets.

Some may call twan's ball hogging me-ball as team leadership. When he's in that mode and he's knocking down 3's, that's cool. I personally don't beleive that JVG would stand for it. He prefers the controlled offense and high pressure D with some simple break-aways (ie - the in your face game).

At this point (with our cap issues) if we made no changes, I could accept it (barring some rediculas no brainer).

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not an Walker fan. I really question his shot selection. If he cut his 3ptrs in half and had a decent post up game then I would be more willing to accept him. He has a lot of skills for a big man but his lack of an inside game (or willingness to play inside) is something that bothers me.

Sounds a lot like Griffin, eh? It bothers me about Griffin's game as well. Unless you are Dirk or Garnett or someone on that level as a PF I prefer them to play more inside.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I actually think MoT is actually better than Walker. If you let Mo jack up as many shots as Walker, he could average over 20 points a game easily.

6. SLA

SLA Member

Well anyways....very good points Hard Rock....I wouldn't mind having Antoine Walker as a Houston Rocket or small forward..but it's not gonna happen anyways.

And Antoine Walker is not worth Cat, MoT, and Boki. Tell them to give us more...

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You honestly think 'Toine would be willing to be a third option? And that the Rox would pay him more than Stevie Franchise to be that third option? I don't, personally.

Someone brought a trade scenario like this up in one of those ESPN chats with Aldridge, I think. He said there was no way it would happen. But then again, he spent about two weeks arguing about whether or not Brand would sign with us, and there's a three page thread about Bateer being a possibility at the 4, so I guess anything's possible.

... On this board.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Not a Dogs chance in......

9. jodete

jodete Member

Walker needs 100 balls for him. And that´s not possible on a team with Yao, Francis, Mobley, Taylor or Griffin.
    We need a complete SF with defense, experience, shot and no super-ego.
    Our SF must to know that here are other offense priorities before him. He mustn´t go to do stats. Only make the possible for the team and for WIN. And are a few players who can make that well.
    Adrian Griffin can do that, but I´m talking about a player taller and more talented. A Scottie Pippen (yes sorry), Doug Christie (he's a SG but this type of player), Grant Hill, Mike Finley player, or poor versions like James Posey, Lamar Odom (with defense), Kirilenko, Battier, Ginobili (oh this is not a poor version but is a SG)...
    Europeans guys like Kukoc, Danilovic, Divac, Sabonis... have played and play a great basketball with no very points. Maybe Nachbar can be our future starter SF. He have ball control, he knows play basketball (I saw him in europe and is an excellent and super-complete player), he can pass very bell, shot... maybe he need more defense to play more minutes, but let´s give him our confidence. He´s a very talented player.

#29 jodete, Aug 12, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2003
  10. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Walker is the most overrated player in the league. There's no way we'd be willing to give up even close to what it would take to get this guy, so this subject is, well, actually pretty normal as far as trade proposals go around here.

11. egn

egn Member

What kind of deals are those?...........the imaginary ones.

12. egn

egn Member

"Because there are no fours."

Antoine Walker on why he shoots so many threes.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Hey HardRock,

I never said the people we have right now have a pass first mentality. Our team is already full of players like that (you named them yourself). The only unselfish one is Yao. I just think that his style of play is a good fit with the rockets under Rudy's System back then or JVG's.