1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Empire Strikes Back: Smush Parker trashes Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Oct 12, 2012.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

After Kobe Bryant ripped him to shreds, the media somehow managed to locate Smush Parker for his thoughts on the matter. Parker fired back, and then some.

Smush — who says he’s been playing overseas for the last few years — told plenty of stories about his days as Kobe’s teammate. Let’s just say it wasn’t the greatest experience.

Parker claims that Bryant didn’t allow him to address him off the court, that Bryant wouldn’t build relationships with other Lakers, and that Smush stopped passing his famous teammate the ball at one point.

From Hard 2 Guard Radio (via Larry Brown Sports):

“I’m lost for words. It makes me blush. For my name to still come out of that man’s mouth? It makes me blush,” Parker said. “The two years in LA were a blessing to me,” he said. “People who ask me how it was playing for the Los Angeles Lakers. People ask me how it was playing with Kobe Bryant. I said in 2008 that it was an overrated experience.” Though Parker termed playing with Kobe “overrated,” he respects the five-time champion’s game. He just doesn’t like his personality. “You can’t knock the man’s legacy, you can’t knock what he’s done in basketball. His work ethic is tremendous. There’s not an ounce of hate in my blood whatsoever. The guy can play basketball — you’ve seen that throughout his career. What I don’t like about him is the man that he is. His personality. How he treats people. I don’t like that side of Kobe Bryant.”

“I had a workout with the Lakers, beat all the guards out for the starting position, earned a spot on the team. Midway through the first season, I tried to at least have a conversation with Kobe Bryant — he is my teammate, he is a co-worker of mine, I see his face every day I go in to work — and I tried to talk with him about football. He tells me I can’t talk to him. He tells me I need more accolades under my belt before I come talk to him. He was dead serious.” Smush says the talking they did was strictly on the court. “We’re teammates, we talk basketball on the court. [Our talks were] about getting him the ball pretty much.”

This back-and-forth through the press amounts to little more than petty nonsense, and is beneath both guys. But it sure is funny.

Long live the Kobe/Smush beef.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/10/smush-parker-says-kobe-bryant-didnt-allow-him-to-speak/

2. Nook

Nook Member

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your favorite player on Kobe

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

And this is why i don't like that trashhole.

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

When did Hakeem say that?

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I know Kobe said anything he says in that intereview, he said to them, but I don't believe he did. Because he doesn't bond with his teammates to tell them anything. And Smush even says it here. Smash hasn't been the only one who's said that Bryant doesn't really hang with his teammates.

Yea, Jordan was a dick too but he'd tell you to your face that you sucked or even punch you in the face.and he at least did talk to his teammates, even if it was to gamble and take their money. Kobe seems like a douche on and off the court but he is one hell of a baller.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Smush admits they did talk on the court about basketball-related stuff

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's why Clutch City is so special, all those guys loved talking about each other. Bullard, Kenny, Mario, Horry, Sam Cassell, always on interviews said they loved playing with each other

9. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Perfect example of the kind of guy Kobe is, really good a basketball, flat out douche of a human being.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Once nostalgia was considered a sickness.

the word derives from the Greek "nostos" (return) and "algos" (pain), suggesting suffering due to a desire to return to a place of origin.

1 person likes this.
  11. supdudes

supdudes Member

Hmm

Again, I think Kobe's on of those guys that only respects guys that:

1) is legitimately skilled
    2) Has a legacy/ is his elder
    3) Has the balls to man up and let his anger be felt

Smush is none of those guys. I don't like that fact about Kobe, but that's just the way it is with some people, and those people almost always are the most successful.

If I were Smush, I wouldn't say a thing other than "That's cool, glad Bean still remembers me", and take pride in the fact that I have a great life regardless of who Kobe is or what he does.

12. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Lol... Smush Parker? Pau and Bynum are top 10 big-men and he treated them like second-class citizens.

13. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Every offseason Kobe bashes Parker and Kwame. Pretty funny stuff

14. MD_in_Training

Since when was being a condescending prick a prerequisite for success? I agree that you can't be mentally or emotionally soft or lazy, but being so removed from reality that you don't even realize you're being a gigantic c*** more often than not leads to failure - not success.

And why would you just take it up the butt from Kobe if you were Smush? It's not like Smush came back and trashed Kobe's basketball abilities. All he did was point out the truth that Kobe is a little b****, which isn't really news to anyone.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

no wonder Kobe keeps bashing him after all these years.

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Kobe is an a-hole to trash players who come to the team and dont give a rip. Heck Phil jackson benched his ass and you dont need Kobe to influence Phil. Smush is dead wrong on everything and he deserved every bit of the treatment he got.

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

How would you treat someone who said this when the team is battling for playoff position late in the year?

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=39991

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I really think that Kobe and Jordan really are true Greek tragic heroes. Thats sort of the way I look at it. I think both of those guys could have a movie made about their lives directed by Darren Aronofsky with very little basketball shown in the movie.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I swear tinman can use every post to reply with a Clutch city story or comment.

Let's see what he does this time, I will throw out some words and he must twist into a reply about Clutch City:

Banana Split
    Tight Shorts
    Megatron
    He-Man
    Potato Chips
    Frozen Beans

1 person likes this.