1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Emoni Bates

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by xaos, Feb 14, 2021.

?

How good will Emoni Bates be?

1. Bust

22.0%
  2. Rotational player

30.8%
  3. All star

24.2%
  4. Superstar

16.5%
  5. Face of the NBA

6.6%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - I personally don’t think this was a very deep draft. There were some possible spoilers in the 18-22 range but I didn’t like it much outside of that. A couple teams were smart plucking rope players like Sasser late in round one, but overall I didn’t like much of anyone in round 2, when it comes to an upside debate.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Publications and people outside of the NBA had him projected as number one, but those in the NBA and even outside that watched enough tape knew that he wasn’t going first.

His body and measurements were not all that good, and he wasn’t a gifted defender. He lacked real burst as well.

I think most expected him to go in the top 15 or so, but not elite lottery.

He mentally and physically was not prepared for college basketball and reclassifying and going in early was a disaster for him.

He seems to have been humbled by everything he has been through after being coddled as a high schooler. He has a place in the NBA as a shooter/scorer if he stays focused and works hard. While he isn’t ever going to defend well with his body and level of athleticism, the offensive tools are real and can be used in 20-30 minutes a night off the bench.

If the NBA doesn’t work, he should be able to be a top player in China or Europe and be able to make a good living for a decade or more.

i3artow i3aller and Zen Tabak like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I disagree I mean just the first round alone you see so many players with potential it's kinda dumb. Usually finding 10 good players in the class means it's already a deep draft I think this draft will produce at least 15 starter quality or better players.

In the 2nd round Leonard Miller comes to mind of someone with a high ceiling. Maxwell Lewis, Trace Jackson Davis and Emoni Bates also look like drsft steals.

Nook likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Isaiah Mobley, Emoni Bates, Sam Merrill

This gun be great additions to the bench.

#204 daywalker02, Jul 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I just now randomly saw some Emoni Bates SL highlights, and was so confused

I had no idea this dude had ever declared for the draft or was even drafted

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member