1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Emmit to the Texans???????

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tigereye, Feb 27, 2003.

1. tigereye

tigereye Member

Wednesday, February 26

Cowboys sources indicate Smith done in Dallas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

The Dallas Cowboys are expected to make an announcement on Thursday about the status of Emmitt Smith, the NFL's all-time leading rusher and a former Super Bowl MVP.

Club sources anticipate the Cowboys will release Smith, a three-time Super Bowl winner and the most accomplished player in franchise history.

..............If Smith is indeed done in Dallas, which I think is a big mistake by the Cowboys, he could really help the Texans out on offense. He has said in the past that he likes to be a team leader and help Young players any way he can. With 6 rookies starting for the Texans on offense, he could really help us out. And by all means he is not washed up. With the Boys horrible offensive line, he was able to reel off 945 yards. Ireally think he would probably got to a Super Bowl contender, but if the Texans make the right offer, he could be playing for us, which I think would be sweet.

2. drapg

drapg Member

Absolutely not. No Cowboy is welcome in Houston.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

What makes you think Emmitt wants to play for a second year expansion team with a below average (at least for now) O-line? At this point of his career (one step from retirement), I would hope Emmitt wants another shot at a ring. Look for him to sign with Tampa Bay, the Super Bowl champs. He may be a Texan, but he was also born and raised in Pensacola, FL.

Besides, we don't need an aging stop-gap running back. We ain't vying for a championship this year, anyway...

4. tigereye

tigereye Member

Not even one that could help the Texans win more games than the Cowboys. I understand where you come from man. I have hated the Cowboys since I was born, but you have to give Emmit his props and he could really help us out.

5. drapg

drapg Member

My Cowboys hatred aside...

I don't see how an old running back can help a second year team with a mediocre offensive line at best. How productive could he really be? He's got to go to a contender... Oakland, T.B., Philly.

He would really be useless in Houston.

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I do not see this working. Emmit is to old come help a young team. Thats not what the texans need anyways they need a young stud RB that will be here 8 + years. A guy that they can build around emmit needs a team thats built for him.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Emmitt is a MAN! Not a 'boy. He is welcome on my team anytime
    -- tho it's a shame his tank is empty.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On top of my just not liking Emmitt because he is a Cowboy, the guy is old and won't be any better behind our O-line than Jonathon Wells. I say no and hell no.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

IMO Emmit will go to a contender so he has an oppurtunity to win another ring. He is not the player he once was, but in the right setting he will be a good complimentary back. I look for him to go to Tampa Bay; Washington or Oakland

10. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Word also has it that New England is going to pursure Emmitt. I think the best place for Emmitt would be with Tampa.

By the way, it was made official yesterday that Emmitt will not longer play for the Cowboys. He has been cut. :(

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Those guys are on crack...

I love Smith, but would be totally useless for this team...

I would prefer Stephen Davis as a younger, more physical back...

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

i just spit dr. pepper all over my computer screen! emmitt looks out for emmitt and emmitt only. he's only a team leader when camera lights are blazing, otherwise, it's all emmitt, 24/7. he's a tool.