1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Email from Tim McDougall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I figured this belongs here since Tim was a valuable part of this forum. For any newbies, Tim is the former Rocket VP of Marketing who <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=90455">left for the Hornets</a> in late January of this year to be their CMO. He was an extremely rare (and missed) breed in that he communicated directly with the fans here and was very open (see <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/member.php?userid=3661">ClutchFans profile</a>).

Here is his email this evening about evacuating New Orleans and what is going on with the Hornets.

-------------------------------------

Beth and Max and the dog and me all got out of New Orleans early Sunday morning. It was a 12-hour, bumper-to-bumper ride to Houston, where we are now holed up in a hotel for the foreseeable future.

Our area got much less damage than others, and we have reasonable expectations that are home is intact and not flooded. We lived far west of town, outside of the "levee bubble" that burst and buried Orleans and Jefferson Parishes. Many of our staff were not so fortunate.

I'm guessing from the timing that you may have seen the Fox 26 story, but if you haven't, those of us who made it to Houston are working out of some temporary office space that the Rockets were kind enough to create for us. Can't thank them enough. From there, we've now located all of our staff (they all made it out safe), we've set up a web site for them to communicate, and we've been building our contingency plans.

Let anybody who is asking know that we're safe and although we likely suffered a good deal of property damage, we're probably among the lucky ones right now.

Although this sounds trivial in light of everything else that happens, one of the many many frustrations of this whole event is that we were really getting momentum in New Orleans. We were leading the league in group sales, and we were near the top in season sales, and we were building a great success story. But though that seemed like a big deal at the time, it's small potatoes at the moment. But we'll rebuild. Just have to figure out the "how" part now.

Say hi to the Clutchizens for me.

Tim

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Glad to hear all is well in your milieu, as far as it goes. We all care, about people first (and basketball second).

Glad to hear Rox have been good citizens to you.

Glad the Hornets were getting a Buzz in NOLA.

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Great to hear from you Tim, and Thanks Clutch.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, that's as good as news comes in a tragedy like this. I'm glad to hear the Rockets are doing their part there. I'm really just in awe of what's going on in New Orleans. I'm almost wondering if the city will survive it.

6. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Good to hear from Tim. Good to see Houston help out as much as possible. Hopefully they can get that town back together in one piece.

8. droxford

droxford Member

That guy is solid gold. Miss him (in a very non-gay way).

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

amen!!

I communicatedwith Tim a time or two back when we were blessed with his presence in the front office...and the guy is flatout cool as hell..

I was actually wondering howhe was doing when this stuff got bad.....it pleases me to no end to hear that he and his family are safe. :)

Good luck Tim...

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

nice to hear he's safe... we love you tim... *come back* ;)

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I just talked about Tim in my last post. Good to hear he is safe. Good luck to all the victims of this horrible disaster. Stay safe Tim. Your family and everyone in NO are in my prayers.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I'm glad to hear he is safe.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good to hear he and his family are safe. Thanks for posting this, Clutch.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Very good news.

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Yes, great news. Happy to hear his family is ok.

And FWIW, fortuitous for the Hornets org that they brought someone like Tim on board when they did.

16. cson

cson Contributing Member

Tim McDougall has always been one of the good guys.

This also makes me proud of the Rox org

17. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

good to hear from Tim and that he's doing well

18. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

Glad to hear Tim is doing well. We miss ya.

19. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Come on back Tim, Houston always welcome you back...
    glad to see you & your family are ok

20. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Hey Tim, sorry for everything that has happened to you personally and professionally over the past week, I can not fathom what it must be like. Good luck with the short term and long term issues, we will all be thinking of you and yours.