1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

That is not what I said. You're pointless to engage with.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Your arguments are pointless.

dobro1229 likes this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

Why can't you just admit that Musk is a grifter who's spewing anti immigration stuff to hide his true intentions which is to destroy unions? The truth is very liberating....

Space Ghost likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

You celebrate when your team introduces some new entitlement, as if its some great accomplishment. Politicians grift for votes and its disgusting.

I support the government investing in private industry. I just believe these MIC companies and those like Boeing need to go. its ok to invest in companies like Ford, Rivian, Tesla and SpaceX. They are all doing great work and putting the money to good use. We need to help the AI and medical industry too. That is good government grifting, regardless if the most successful of these people speak bad things about your teams negative grifting. I don't agree with his mannerism in this regards. His companies do great things. Im not going to apologize for him. Its not my feelings hurt. Go see a therapist.

astros123 likes this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

Elon* go see a therapist. Fixed it for ya buddy

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except you’re also playing teams too. Tesla has personally made me money but that doesn’t mean I don’t criticize Musk. Tesla also has quality control and other issues too like Boeing. Just because one is newer and is led by an outspoken and edgy CEO doesn’t make it inherently better. The government has an interest in both and both need to be regulated.

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have no dog in the race but dam he is soft.................he`s your typical entitled prick who doesn't feel the need to answer to the "common man" as they are beneath him. What a p***y

astros123 and dobro1229 like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This isn't just about Musk. Corporations are going after labor rights. When the AI revolution is in its prime, all of you will be very sad if labor rights are decimated. The AI economic revolution will be happening over the next 4-10 years. Far beyond Musk or these corporations, who do you want in Congress and as POTUS as the nation transitions through this revolution? One side is against labor, while the other side is for labor's rights. As I said before (even if you don't believe in dangerous rhetoric or the risks to democracy), choose wisely for your financial future and well-being. Literally all of you will be impacted.

Elon Musk and Amazon Team Up to Try to Demolish Workers’ Rights | The New Republic

Elon Musk is not a fan of unions. Nor are Amazon, Starbucks, or, apparently, Trader Joe’s. Those four companies opened the new year by mounting a legal campaign to destroy the federal agency charged with protecting workers from unfair anti-unionization efforts and maintaining labor peace. If they succeed, they could radically tip the scales in favor of corporations and away from the workers who hope to organize their workplaces.

Beyond the legal implications, the legal war against the NLRB is a stark signal of how far companies have moved against the laws and regulations that ended decades of violent labor strife and set the stage for America’s postwar prosperity. If the companies prevail, most working Americans will find it harder than their parents or grandparents ever did to collectively organize for better wages and conditions.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. I don't think people realize too that Boeing is essentially like 4 different large companies all with the same name. The "MIC" side that SpaceGhost is using here to try and gaslight liberals (because he knows all of us are antiwar) has nothing to do with the quality control issues happening on the commercial side. Especially with the 757 Max.

Funny enough the quality control issues there with the push to get the software out, and the issues with suppliers like Spirit Aerosystems who worked on the supplying parts used on the MAX door systems, are a product of the Trump Administrations executive order that was signed to push production on the commercial side, and disregard QC checks, and balances. Biden reversed that EO on day 1, but there was still a residual backlog of issues that were already out the door.

And to the point, Boeing is a big reason why we are able to fly around the country, and the world. Like Ford, or Tesla, it's a benefit to us as consumers, and travelers. If they went away tomorrow we'd have nothing for foreign pieces of crap flooding our travel market. If you want to see what air travel will be like, go book a flight on a 20 year old Airbus with Frontier Airlines.... the go book an American Airlines flight to Chicago on one of the Boeing 757's. Despite the flaws that the Max has had because of the (totally fixable) quality control issues, Boeing actually does still produce a product that benefits all of us here in the US just as Tesla has benefitted our auto market despite their quality control issues that also IMO are fixable with some oversight, and regulation from the government.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

FSD (full self driving) impacts everyone's lives and limbs. It needs to be scrutinized carefully. Musk isn't exactly known to be transparent or collaborative. And I certainly don't trust him to be transparent with Telsa's FSD problems.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope FSD becomes a reality but it’s been a year away for a while now. Just like nuclear fission.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Space Ghost

FSD is years down the road. However that doesn't mean it can't be utilized sooner than later. If it can navigate clearly marked roads, big cities could start shutting down access to manual drive vehicles in downtown areas. Removing the congestion for low cost rides could free up a big burden for these cities.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Link

Elon Musk’s X changed its privacy policy this week to ban users from publishing the real names of people behind anonymous accounts after some users appeared to unmask a pseudonymous cartoonist who drew antisemitic images.

… Musk going out of his way to defend neo-Nazis, antisemites and white supremacists. Musk has embraced an antisemitic conspiracy theory, and, since he bought the app then known as Twitter in 2022, he has welcomed back antisemitic accounts that Twitter’s previous management had suspended for breaking its rules. Musk has also second-guessed law enforcement officials after they said a mass shooter was a suspected neo-Nazi sympathizer.

The policy also clashes with Musk’s ongoing claims that X is dedicated to free speech, because journalists have a long history of unmasking powerful people who avoid public scrutiny. Since he bought the platform, Musk has suspended journalists and filed lawsuits targeting his critics while continuing to state that X is a bulwark against censorship.

16. Space Ghost

Doxxing is a real problem. Why do you think it's ok to dox the people you disagree with but think it's wrong to dox those in your tribe?

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Doxxing private individuals or exposing information with the intent to threaten is a serious issue. However, revealing the real identities behind influential pseudonymous figures can be valuable for the public interest.

Public figures actively engaging with the public are considered fair game for scrutiny and commentary. In contrast, private individuals operating solely within their personal spheres are exempt from such public exposure. There is undoubtedly a gray area where the lines blur, and the distinction is not always absolute. Nevertheless, any form of disclosure or revelation carrying the intent or potential to inflict harm remains unacceptable and is illegal in many states.

Elon Musk, as a prominent public figure, may employ various pseudonyms. It should be permissible and within bounds to identify and associate those pseudonyms with him. This principle extends to other public figures such as politicians, news media leaders, heads of state, judges, political commentators, and the like.

The key consideration is the public nature of an individual's engagement and their role in shaping public discourse or wielding significant influence. While public figures are open to scrutiny, private individuals retain the right to privacy within their personal circles, barring any intent or potential for harm.

With all that said, let's come back to what happen, as reported:
    • Alejandra Caraballo was suspended after sharing the alleged real name of a neo-Nazi known as StoneToss.
    • At the time, X's doxing policy allowed for sharing individuals' names.
    • X subsequently changed the doxing policy to disallow sharing individuals' names.
    • Caraballo was suspended before this policy change.
    • Other accounts that have revealed the names of private individuals were not suspended, including Chaya Raichik, the right-wing extremist behind Libs of TikTok.
    The crux of the matter is that X's policies are inconsistent and unreliable, and Musk acts arbitrarily, shielding neo-Nazis and right-wing extremists while swiftly suspending and banning those on the opposing side. While updating the doxing policies might be reasonable in principle, the selective enforcement (of existing or non-existing policy) and Musk's conduct demonstrate a lack of trustworthiness and impartiality.

The policy change gives Musk cover for continuing his arbitrary act of shielding neo-Nazis and right-wing extremists while suspending and banning the other side. And you seem perfectly okay with Musk's arbitrary behavior here of protecting neo-Nazis and right-wing extremists while suspending and banning the other side. Why?

18. Space Ghost

Doxxing is wrong. Period.
    You or anyone else are not the moral police. If someone is committing a crime or threatening to, that is up to law enforcement, not Amiga's judgement call. You are wanting to publicly shame someone for their beliefs. You are so far lost in the private rights discussion. If someone on the internet is hurting your feelings, mute them.
    As far as Musk, he has always been against doxxing.

To answer your question "Why"? Because i dont let my emotions dictate how other people should be treated or a wish to take away other peoples personal rights. Even if I disagree with them.

I don't understand why you are encouraging the police state given the police state has become alarming and increasingly militant.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

gifford1967 and Amiga like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Your post is all over the place, so I'm sticking to the original topic and ignoring the tangents about 'police state', 'moral police', 'private rights', and 'hurting feelings' since they seem unrelated, and I don't get what you're trying to say there.

As I said, doxxing with the intention of threat or harm is wrong, and of a private individual is wrong. Revealing the name of a public figure for public interest is not wrong or even considered 'doxxing' by law. Doxxing laws across many states do not disallow revealing names by journalists of public figures, as one example. In a black and white world where every revealing of a pseudonym is considered doxing, it would be wrong to reveal a pseudonym that belongs to a North Korean intelligence agent who used AI to manipulate US public opinion. Clearly, that is of public interest and is not wrong.

I will repeat my question slightly differently because your answer doesn't make sense to me. Are you perfectly okay with Musk's arbitrary behavior here of protecting Neo-Nazis and right-wing extremists while suspending and banning the other side?