1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ellen Page Comes Out Of The Closet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mvpcrossxover, Feb 14, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I understand all of that, but it is a personal discussion - whatever people want to identify as is fine with me, I don't care one way or the other.

Just be you, and be happy.

DD

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm so normal I think I am now considered weird.

boomboom, AXG, AroundTheWorld and 2 others like this.
  3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Congrats on him for the big move from lesbian to trans . 2020! Wooo

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

They and them is nothing. At least it makes some sense.

Trans activists here are demanding they are called in the neutral gender, an "it". :rolleyes:
    You know like the german es, das. Like they are objects like a table or a bed.

They even went to court for their right to be called like an object.
    I don't care whatever they identify themselves with but I can never accept nor will I ever adress a human as an object.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does it count if there was no sex change operation ?
    No wearing makeup ain’t going to cut it

AroundTheWorld and bloodwings19 like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Chappelle isn't going to like this

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I may be backward thinking but I think trans should involve mechanical parts manipulation to be trans..but then that may be top only I.e. breast reduction, nipple minimization surgery

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Transgenders can't fight aging. I can't help to see that he looks manly as Elliot ages. Still pretty

tinman likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

100% with you breh. i think social norms are constantly changing, whether it changes for the better differs for each person. i see it being bad for religious groups, but they should be given the same right to express their disapproval without being lynched. i think it's ridiculous that comedians are now afraid to make simple gay jokes because they don't want to be canceled, but at the same time can make fun of religions freely. i think things have gotten so complicated now, so difficult to keep up. i do miss the simpler times where we don't have to learn new vocabs every other season.

hell even pr0n now is getting complicated. i mean, i'll still fap to it... but they're just so many things now.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I call people tools all the time.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The obsession with wether he is still technically gay is weird to me. Whether she is gay or straight I'm pretty positive none of us will be engaging in ambiguously confusing homosexual/heterosexual acts with him/her or whatever intermediate gender pronoun you choose to use.

Its irrelevant. Just think of him as a different species from another planet with 3 genders that reproduces via parthogenisis and move on.

You aren't attracted to Mr. Page and he isn't attracted to you.

#111 Ottomaton, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    jiggyfly and tinman like this.
  12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

a boy named sue?

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Miss the old days...
    [​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i think trans and gay people see her as an inspiration for coming out. its not an easy thing to do or announce even to your friends or family. the fact that page did it in a public manner might give others the courage or an example to follow.

as far as minors (under 18) coming out as trans, thats a really tough one. its a very drastic, life-altering change you are making and when youre that young you never know how you will feel in a few years (or months). plus, your body is still growing and developing. it cant be healthy for someone that young to get on hormones or estrogen or whatever transitioning adults have to take (and even in adults case i would think that stuff is not exactly good for your body).

im sure yall have seen news stories where a 7 or 8 year old is trans and their "progressive" parents are sitting there saying how their son liked to wear dresses or something so they changed his name and started calling her a girl. thats going to be where i draw the line. kids that young have no concept of sex or trans/cis/ect. that's 100% the parents, who are obviously pushing that on their kid.

ROCKSS and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I remember being told 10 years ago that gender reassignment surgery was wholly supported in many Muslim countries because that's the proper alternative to having a gay relationship. Always found that interesting, but never looked it up.

jiggyfly and DonnyMost like this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Well, I was right after all.

Shroopy2 and Jontro like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did kitty pride touch Bruce Jenner and absorb his powers ?

Jontro likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I brought that podcast up. All of these ideas are easy to throw out there. But if it is your own child it effects you much much more. My son is the typical boy with sports and video games. If he were extremely effeminate leading down the path this thread is about etc it would be more difficult for sure but I would accept it and love him all the same. Still helping him find interests and being as supporting as I can. I also wouldn’t push hard in either direction with these types of things. You will only make things worse.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That’s a man baby.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Pushing expectations for them while making none of it personal is the toughest thing to do nonstop.

Not always gonna work, so the best you can do is be present and have some decent experiences from time to time