1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2016

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ha! I was thinking the same thing.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that knee jerk nonsense will make a lot of people a lot of money

3. nono

nono Member

Nationalism is on the rise everywhere in the world. In the US, in Europe, China, Australia etc. These results aren't really surprising in light of that.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is historical levels of absurdity that a reality TV star is likely to win the presidency of the United States. As that fact sinks in, all I can do is laugh. President Camacho, anyone?.... I mean think about it: we went from a constitutional law professor to a reality TV star.

The media is gonna try not to own him, but they helped create him....

The key thing is that Trump crossed a line neither McCain nor Romney would approach. Trump didn't just cross the line, he replaced the dog whistle with a megaphone.

#704 JeffB, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

[​IMG]

We did it, everyone! Good job! We finally got to idiocracy!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Liberals are the ones who have the war on the middle class. Statements like this and you are wondering why Trump has a legit chance of winning?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So Donald Trump now can say not only was he in the WWE HOF, he's also the president.

Idiocracy.

8. TheresTheDagger

I TOLD you all that there are a lot of people who wouldn't admit they were voting for Trump....but secretly were.

ALL the pollsters looks really, really, stupid.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Romney, McCain... I respected those guys. They were good men. I wasn't embarrassed to think of them as my President.

How anybody look at Donald Trump as our head of state and feel anything remotely close to pride?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With a GOP controlling all three branches I don't want to hear any more excuses and blaming the Democrats for everything wrong over these next few years.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Deckard - I told you that this was a risk.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

We have had idiocracy for the last 8 years.

13. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Holy crap. Simply wow.

Extra helping of crow for me. Maybe I will wash it down with a nice chianti.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is also true.

cml750 likes this.
  15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're right. Not surprising at all. Historically, tribal impulses/nationalism increases dramatically in the wake of economic collapses/depressions/great recessions. It is the period when we tend to see demagogues rise. I just didn't think I would really see it happen in the U.S..

I know western European nations were hoping the U.S. would set the example by holding against the nationalist, reactionary wave. This can dramatically remake the global balance of power away from the US/wester European bloc.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

This dude on CNN is about to start counting the population on the moon and say there's still a chance. It's over. Going to be an interesting 4 years.

bnb likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

WTF? Hillary had the movie stars, old rock stars, big money donors, the blacks, the latinos, the women, even a lot of republican politicians on her side.

Trump had Chris Christie, Rudy Giuliani, and uneducated white guys.

Nuts. Just nuts.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its because the Demwits nominated Hillary Clinton...Bernie and this may have been a completely different turn of events. Trump was a result of failed leadership starting at the top... Trump can be held in check by the people...I am not sure Hillary wouldve been.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The pollsters were idiots, I agree.

Maybe calling our country stupid is harsh, though I feel a lot of Americans (including many of those silent voices) have below average intelligence.

Look, I've been saying for years that we need to get rid of career politicians. I just don't think, by a long shot, that Trump is the person to start that trend. He sets that bar extremely low.

Trump is a huge wildcard for a country that is thirsting for some kind of change, but one that clearly does not know what kind of change it wants. Electing him immediately places our country closer to some sort of decline (economic, war, or whatever) than it's been in 50+ years.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

She didn't Have as many women as she thought.