1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

This thread should be locked. The same discussions about Lin are getting rehashed over and over again. Every aspect of his game from the important to the trivial has been dissected ad nauseum, along with rampant speculation about his mindset, comparisons to other PGs and interactions with everyone else. Yet, for some reason he's still a lightning rod, which is unusual for a guy who hasn't actually done anything controversial.

2. timyeung

timyeung Member

Um, Linsanity was a little bit controversial.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nonsense. Name me a Hall of Famer without a playoff appearance.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

He has always had a terrible supporting cast while playing in an extremely competitive Western conference.

Superstar in my opinion, you are, of course, free to feel differently.

5. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Lin's game is a solid B, which is an Asian F.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Superstars without a good supporting cast still make the playoffs. More than half the teams in the league makes the playoffs.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I just really don't like Jrue Holiday

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

Name one team in the last 5 years who had a star player carry the team with a supporting cast as bad as Love's (or worse) and led them into a playoff series (Western Conference only) .

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Harden is better than Love, even the Twolves commentators said something to that effect when he took over last year 'thats what superstars do' seemed to be a bit of a slight at Love's ineffectiveness in the 4th that game

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That's cool, but it doesn't mean he sucks.

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

If you're good enough to make the U.S. Olympic team, chances are that you're a superstar.

12. treeman

treeman Member

I wanted Beverley to start at the beginning of the season mostly because I wanted Lin as a spark off the bench. But now... Start Lin. When Bev comes back he can get his old job back and fight for the starter job.

I LIKE having these guys jockey over the starter slot. Competition works to our favor here.

13. Lihao

Lihao Member

Even Clutch agree that Jrue is a good player

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5094/patrick-beverley-dominates-jrue-holiday-video/

It's funny that people who said Jrue and Conley are NOT SO GOOD are exactly the same people who said Conley and Jrue are much better player than Lin before.

14. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

He played great defense earlier in the season as well. He's been on and off.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The LOFs have a point with this one. People changing their tune on Holiday, Parker, and Conley once Lin played good defense against him. When Beverley did it, it was "yeah THIS is why he starts over Lin".

1 person likes this.
  16. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

James Harden and the Houston Rockets...I mean, that's what the majority of people here believe, right? Without him last year, we would have only won 30 games?

17. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Jeremy's defense was definitely a significant reason for Parker's performance that game. If you can't see that, you're blind or biased.

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

I'm sorry, but that's just horse crap (in my opinion, of course) . Love doesn't rely on flopping to get to the line 10+ times per game.

I agree. Last season, I proposed the idea about having Lin come off the bench, but after seeing it, I think Lin deserves the starting spot. His defense has improved.

19. Swishh

Swishh Member

Lin/Parsons/Asik is a better supporting cast than what Love has/had .

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Expectations. People have much higher expectations for Lin than Beverley. The messed up part is what happens when Lin meets those expectations, because then people either deny it or rationalize it.