1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

eHarmony Blows!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hmm, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

So I fill out the thorough, large and extensive questionaire.. Answer everything 100% honestly.. Give detailed written answers for the questions requiring a written answer.. and am breif when asked to be..

Read the Terms of Agreement and Privacy Policy.. as I always do.. Give my information and select the "Anywhere in the world" option where it asks "How far are you willing to search for your matches" etc..

Click Continue to finish the whole damn thing.. and get this:

Cannot Provide Service

Unable To Match You At This Time

eHarmony is based upon a complex matching system developed through extensive research with married couples. One of the requirements for successful matching is that participants fall within certain defined profiles. If we find that we will not be able to match a user using these profiles, we feel it is only fair to inform them early in the process.

We are so convinced of the importance of creating compatible matches to help people establish happy, lasting relationships that we sometimes choose not to provide service rather than risk an uncertain match.

Unfortunately, we are not able to make our profiles work for you. Our matching model could not accurately predict with whom you would be best matched. This occurs for about 20% of potential users, so 1 in 5 people simply will not benefit from our service. We hope that you understand, and we regret our inability to provide service for you at this time.

You can still receive your free Personality Profile by clicking

What the hell is that..?? :mad: :eek:

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Hell, you should have lied like everyone else... :D

On-line dating, hell, dating in general is work...filling out the profiles, etc...Make it easy on yourself and just go pick up chicks at the grocery store or at church...

3. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Damn freakshow. I guess your screwed.

;) J/K

4. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

If you're getting rejected by a dating service, than maybe it's a sign.

J/K

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thats odd. i wouldnt think they would turn away people.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's pretty weird. Maybe it rejected you because you weren't more specific with where you wanted your matches to live. But then, why would "anywhere in the world" be listed as an option in the first place.

I can't say it blows since I met my girlfriend on it. We've been together for a year and I couldn't be happier.

But I must say the commercials are annoying as hell.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

man thats gotta be one of the worst messages to receive lol. i feel ur pain

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

I already have a girlfriend.. which I met the conventional way...

I simply uhm.. want to move on? Is that the nice way of saying it?

To someone that.. I can actually love?

Oh well so much for putting it nicely.. :eek:

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Make a profile and let her discover it by accidentally leaving it on her computer. That should give her a message about your intent.

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

Yes.. and to think the "# 1 trusted online dating service" would suffer from bad spelling and punctuation.. It almost reads like it's run by a child.. :p

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

just hit on chicks on the BBS.

its a limited pool, but on the plus side you can always talk about the rockets.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yup i hear finalsbound is a chick.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

What would be really funny is if she was doing the same thing, and you both end up getting matched to each other's profiles

14. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I should note, from experience, that searching for pre-op transexuals won't get you any hits.

y'know, just incase you searched that and got the same response.

15. Isabel

Isabel Member

If you like pina coladas... and getting caught in the rain...

OK, so I'm going to give the same piece of advice that everyone's going to (and that I've received myself in the past); finish cutting the first one loose before you move on. Leaving the profile up on the computer might be as good a way as any to do that, since there is no good way to do that but it has to be done. Good luck...

I recommend meeting people in real life instead (church, friends, activities, classes, bus stops :) ), but that's just what would work for me, and I know some people have found things that worked online. It depends on your personality and style. I would only want my relationships to be with someone I had alread built up a strong friendship with, that would still exist regardless of whether we took it any further. I feel like you can only really develop these through interacting in person. But I'm not in the mainstream these days...

(and, while the topic is up, 1) I already have a boyfriend and 2) I wouldn't date off clutchfans no matter what... see above.)

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I tried soon after it came out. Not really to use but just out of curiosity to see how it worked and what kind of results I would get. IIRC, the results were very limited due to their very specific matching. I'm not sure I even got one right away. I may have had to wait 2 weeks. Then I might get a few more every few weeks after that. Anyway, I killed the account because I didn't want to be in a relationship at the time. I was getting contacted by women on a consistent basis and I didn't want to give them false hope. :D

17. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Change the woman's intelligence to low and the hit count will go up.

#17 swilkins, Jul 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I seem to recall something about a couple in India or somewhere that were trying to find other lovers and ended up meeting on the internet under aliases and meeting each other to cheat on each other.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

wasn't there an adverstisement in the nba dish forum about a dating site, and in the advertisement was a chic who was rejected by eharmony.

this could be an everlasting love for meeeeeee

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If you find someone, fall in love, get married, have 20 kids and live happily ever after, who cares how you met? I mean, unless it was in rehab or prison or a dallas mavericks game, does it really matter?

Granted, if all you ever do is talk online, that's weird. But if after talking online for a short time, you meet up IN PERSON and decide to pursue it further, what's the problem?

I don't understand what the difference is between an online date and a regular ol' blind date. People have been going on blind dates since the beginning of time, so why is there such a stigma attached to dating online, which is basically the same thing?