1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Educated muslim honor kills daughter in Ohio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I thought you had ancestors that got turned into 'Ashes' because of this type of thinking?

Exiled likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm glad you answered finally and now I'll assume you will stop posting that type of polling data that serves no purpose since there is no relative metric besides wishful thinking.

I'll answer your question now. Are most of the world's honor killings perpetuated by Muslims? If your 91% metric is accurate then sure.
    How much does it have to do with Islam? That's difficult to say as the Quran has no commands to murder women in your family if they sinned. There are verses about hitting them if they disobey(as does the Bible) but there is no precedent by Muhammad for this and you know how much I hate that dude.

But then again I still stand by the notion that 24/7 news media and Twitter feeds have overblown every problem known to man where someone who is incapable of filtering all the background noise would believe the world is in some perpetual state of worsening chaos when global mortify rates are still dropping. I would estimate roughly 4000 honor killings by Muslims last year out of 1.6 billion. That's roughly 1.599995 billion who probably never even contemplated honor killings just to put things in perspective.

#42 fchowd0311, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

For the tip of the iceberg to be very visible, there has to be an iceberg underneath it. Out of 80 million Germans, maybe only a few thousand actually carried out the genocide. But the underlying fascist attitudes were shared by many.
    [​IMG]

I promise you that these figures would look totally different if you asked members of other religions, or atheists. More like 99 % of people would say "wtf why are you even asking me this question, that is absurd, that would not even ever cross my mind". That is the real reason you don't find comparable polls from members of other religions about this topic - because with the exception of hindus and perhaps very few Christians or Yazidis who have been culturally influenced by Muslims living around them in certain countries in the Middle East, the idea of an "honor killing" is so absurd to every rational person that your attempt at making an argument here that it is all overblown in the case of Islam falls flat on its face. It is not. Islam is directly related to this phenomenon. The fact that there are no polls asking members of other religions whether they agree with this or not is not because of some conspiracy theory against the poor Muslims, but because the sheer idea is so absurd to practically everyone else but Muslims that a poll about this would be like asking an Eskimo what they think about the latest beachwear.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Is that a pinky promise, or just one of those jackin-with-one-hand-posing-with-the-other-kind? Coz I will def hate Muslims if you pinky promise. I'm like, on the lip. Of hating them. Not u know, the lip down there. They wear those sheet things where u can't even grab the lip(s). I was saying if u go to a Notary Public or whatever, I will def hate Muslims with u man! Hey Muslims! Take some MAGA, and stuff it up ur shish kebab!

Damn honor Muslims shitty crap kill kill scum black-beard-having, that one Muslim chick is kinda hot I hate u!!!!!!!!

5. fchowd0311

So much conjecture. You would be surprised how many Americans would answer 'yes' to "Should we nuke the Middle East?". Again, many of them probably answered facetiously.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You can't get the Islam apologist out of your system. Sorry.

If you want evidence that my statement is correct: Followers of other religions and atheists do not commit honor killings, with the aforementioned rare exceptions. Muslims do. Most don't, of course, fortunately - but again - tip of the iceberg needs an iceberg under it.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So if we all agree to hate Muslims, will your Crusade be finished, or will you just keep going anyway?

8. fchowd0311

What is it that you want? To us acknowledge that most Muslims are evil?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Obviously not. We have been over this before. You have a defensive reflex because you associate criticism of Islam and even of horrible
    practices related to it as a criticism of your family or something. But the facts are the facts - these so-called "honor killings" are directly related to the treatment of women in Islam overall, and to a perverted understanding of "honor" and to the sexually repressive parts of Islamic ideology. That doesn't mean most Muslims are evil, that doesn't mean your mom is evil, that doesn't mean your family believes in any of that, but too many do.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Proud to see you speak out against the sexual repression of women! I've heard in some parts of the world, a male will just walk right up to a female . . . and grab her by the p***y!

I teach a lot of Muslim college students. It is ironic that all of them, men and woman, find Trump's treatment of women shameful and disgusting. Fact!

I still hate all Muslims just as much as you do, AroundTheWorld. I know you've traveled AroundTheWorld, so I trust your judgment about whom to hate. I wish there was a recycling bin (Laden) for humans.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Sleep well, my darling...

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Clearly, one can be educated, but not enlightened.

If you think there even is such a thing as honor killing your child, you are ignorant. Might not be your fault, but ignorant nonetheless.

I would add that anyone who thinks their god approves of anything like this, needs to either really examine their faith, or their religion (fwiw...honor killing is NOT religious, but cultural...but the two get very intertwined in Muslim society). But why anyone would pay homage to a god they thought would advocate this is beyond me...such a god would not be worth following, but rather should be rebelled against.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You do realize that HoneyPoser got you talking about honor killing, even though the link he posted says the motive for the killing is unknown and the word "honor" does not appear in the article. You fell for the hate troll.

14. fchowd0311

Don't you know. Any one of the billion Muslims who commit a crime did because Islam.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Multiple layers of ignorance if you take what's HB or Atw posts as fact

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Meanwhile, it is obvious that HoneyPoser and AroundTheWorld are afraid of Muslims, which I find hilarious.

Exiled likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You appear to think that the explanation "but he had diabetes" is a more plausible motive. :rolleyes:

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

As this thread shows, honor killings are so rare among 1,600,000,000 Muslims that the bigots have resorted to making **** up.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

91% of honor killings are committed by Muslims

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/10/04/muslim-honor-killings-statistics/
    https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_-_Honor_Violence

Civitas: 1 in 3 Muslims in the UK strongly agree that a wife should be forced to obey her husband’s bidding

BBC Poll: 1 in 10 British Muslims support killing a family member over “dishonor”.

The number of honour killings in Pakistan are estimated to be around 2,500 to 3,000 cases every year. However, the report states that a good number of such cases still go unreported or are passed off as suicides and few are brought to justice. The relevant law states that the family of the victim is allowed to compromise with the killer who is a close relative in most of the cases. Provisions of the Pakistani law also allow the next of kin of the victim to forgive the murderer in exchange for money. And most of the offenders continue to use this clause to escape punishment.

A survey of Muslim women in Paris suburbs found that three-quarters of them wear their masks out of fear – including fear of violence.

Pew Research (2013): Honor killing the woman for sex outside of marriage is favored over honor killing the man in every Islamic country. Over half of Muslims surveyed believed that honor killings over sex were at least partially justified.

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Why would a father kill his daughter for going to Vegas? The first solution is acknowledging the problem.

http://www.meforum.org/2646/worldwide-trends-in-honor-killings

It is clear that Muslim girls and women are murdered for honor in both the West and the East when they refuse to wear the hijab or choose to wear it improperly. In addition, they are killed for behaving in accepted Western or modern ways when they express a desire to attend college, have careers, live independent lives, have non-Muslim friends (including boyfriends with whom they may or may not be sexually involved), choose their own husbands, refuse to marry their first cousins, or want to leave an abusive husband. This "Westernization" trend also exists in Muslim countries but to a lesser extent. Allegations of unacceptable "Westernization" accounted for 44 percent of honor murders in the Muslim world as compared to 71 percent in Europe and 91 percent in North America.

Tempted by Western ideas, desiring to assimilate, and hoping to escape lives of subordination, those girls and women who exercise their option to be Western are killed—at early ages and in particularly gruesome ways. Frightening honor murders may constitute an object lesson to other Muslim girls and women about what may happen to them if they act on the temptation to do more than serve their fathers and brothers as domestic servants, marry their first cousin, and breed as many children as possible. The deaths of females already living in the West may also be intended as lessons for other female immigrants who are expected to lead subordinate and segregated lives amid the temptations and privileges of freedom. This is especially true in Europe where large Muslim ghettos have formed in the past few decades. It is particularly alarming to note that in Europe 96 percent of the honor killing perpetrators are Muslims.

The level of primal, sadistic, or barbaric savagery shown in honor killings towards a female family intimate more closely approximates some of the murders in the West perpetrated by serial killers against prostitutes or randomly selected women. It also suggests that gender separatism, the devaluation of girls and women, normalized child abuse, including arranged child marriages of both boys and girls, sexual repression, misogyny (sometimes inspired by misogynist interpretations of the Qur'an), and the demands made by an increase in the violent ideology of jihad all lead to murderous levels of aggression towards girls and women. One only has to kill a few girls and women to keep the others in line. Honor killings are, in a sense, a form of domestic terrorism, meant to ensure that Muslim women wear the Islamic veil, have Muslim babies, and mingle only with other Muslims.

What must be done:

How can this problem be addressed? Immigration, law enforcement, and religious authorities must all be included in education, prevention, and prosecution efforts in the matter of honor killings.

In addition, shelters for battered Muslim girls and women should be established and multilingual staff appropriately trained in the facts about honor killings. Honor killings must be prosecuted in the West, and perpetrators, accomplices, and enablers must all be prosecuted. Participating families should be publicly shamed. Criminals must be deported after they have served their sentences.