1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Robinson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil Francis, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Don't expect to see him in a Rockets uniform next season. His asking price is 6yrs 36million dollars.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

We signed Cato for more than that. What makes you think we wont sign another Backup bench player?

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Lil Francis -
    That amount is higher than what I have seen. Do you have a link?

------------------
    GATER

4. Holden

Holden Member

Cmon guys anyone with Fred Flinstone holding a basketball tatooed large as hell all over his right arm, has to have game. give him all the money he wants..

------------------
    Paranoid, trying to stuff the void.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

sportstalk.com is reporting the 36 million thing

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

We have to sign our 3 picks and plus swing some Webber's way so there is no way CD can pull the Robinson thing off.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

True, plus one thing you guys are forgetting-- I don't really see how Robinson could fit in this offense. I know he's a good athlete who can get to the basket well and would look good next to Steve and Cat, but his jumper goes out to 18 feet maximum, and he can even be inconsistent from there. Take a look at our offense when Walt is hitting his threes-- it is awesome. For the offense and system in which we run, we need at least the threat of a three point shooter at the SF spot. The zone will make this even more important next year. One of the concerns many have with the zone is that teams will start keeping players in the area where Cuttino and Steve like to drive to the basket. You'll limit this significantly if you can swing the ball around the perimeter and have the man in the corner or wing consistently drain the open three. Teams wouldn't even think twice about leaving Robinson open, and we need the threat of as many three point shooters as possible to give spacing to Steve and Cat. Robinson's a nice young player, but 6 mil is way too much per year for him, and I wouldn't want him even for less because I don't really see him fitting in the offense.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Lil Francis- Do you think that the Rockets will keep all 3 draft picks? Personally, I can't see them keeping more than 2. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try and take the 18 and 23 to move up a little.

------------------

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

No team in their right mind would pay Robinson $6 mil a year. I would think a short term $4 mil would probably be offered, and after that if he produces then might get a bigger deal.

------------------
    Now saw off...there's nothing to see here.

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

In a way I want them to keep them because I would love to see Joe Johsnon
    Ken Johnson and Wallace on the Rockets but if we can move up to grab Battier or Griffin Im all for a trade.

------------------

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lil Francis,I see your point about trying to get Battier,but if we get Joe and Ken Johnson,along with Wallace,then I would keep all of them instead of trying to get Battier,but if we could get Griffin I would be all for trading them despite his off court problems.
    I think that there is a slim chance of the first scenario working out, but no chance of us getting Griffin.

------------------

12. Cat5

Cat5 Member

For someone (ERob) who played only 17.9 min/game in the regular season compare to Cuttino who played almost twice that amount in his contract (last) year that's a lot of money to ask for.

Take into consideration that the Hornets was hurting at SF/SG with the death of Bobby Phills (last year’s starting at SF) and the departure of Eddie Jones. Also the fact that he was beating out at SG by a true point guard 6’-1” David Wesley in the per-season.

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Thats not correct though. Originally, the Hornets were gonna go with a big line-up with Davis at point, and Mashburn at the 2, and I believe PJ Brown at the 3. But Coleman couldn't play, so they moved Brown to the 4, Mashburn to the 3 and inserted Wesley at the 2.

Robinson was never in consideration for the starting shooting guard position from what I've heard.

But you're free to derive significance from the fact that PJ Brown would've started ahead of him at the the Small Forward position.

------------------
    This space currently being renovated. We apologize for the inconvenience.

14. Cat5

Cat5 Member

True, he wasn’t expected to win the starting shooting guard job (either was Wesley) but the fact is he was second to David Wesley on the depth chart at SG.

David Wesley 37.9 min/game
    ERob 17.9 min/game

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/fba/Request.dll?DEPTH&Param0=2

Starter Backup
    PG Baron Davis Hersey Hawkins
    SG David Wesley Eddie Robinson
    SF Jamal Mashburn Scott Burrell
    PF P.J. Brown Derrick Coleman
    C Elden Campbell Jamaal Magloire

15. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

RealGM has ERob at $4.1M with a lot of attention:

http://www.realgm.com/src_gm_articles.php?artid=fa

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I still like his athleticism on a break with Cat & Steve and also playing the passing lanes in the NBA zone. He is affordable without Webber and maybe even with if the Rocks unload the picks (they carry guaranteed $).

Robinson is easily a 12 pt / 5 reb player with starters minutes.

------------------
    GATER