1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin will Get 3yrs/$5.7MM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apostolic3, Jul 20, 2005.

1. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Actually, I am surprised! Great deal for the Wolves. Basically allows the wolves to split their MLE to add another player. For the production that Griffin gave them all of last year where he stayed out of any trouble, the contract is a good value. Low risk, high reward.

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

DaDakota faints...

4. droxford

droxford Member

My hatred for Eddie Griffin transcends basketball.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Fair deal. Hope he makes the most of it.

Evan

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Good deal for the Wolves.

I really don't understand that at all.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This makes WAY more sense than the previous rumor.

8. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Erk. I want Eddie to be as disappointing for the Wolves as he was for the Rockets. If he's decent for them, I at least want them to overpay.

9. droxford

droxford Member

Well, you see. I really like the game of basketball, and I really hate Eddie Griffin. The above statement indicates that my feelings of hatred for Eddie Griffin are greater than my feelings of love for basketball. This solidifies my opinion on the eternal flow of "bring back Eddie" threads that have occurred here. In those threads, there are some who say that they don't like EG, but would put aside those feelings in order to get his talent back on the team. But, by making the above statement, I indicate that, though I appreciate EG's talent, my feelings of hatred for him are so strong that I would put aside my respect for his talent and would not want him to play basketball - not only for the Rockets, but for any team in the NBA. So, by this statement, I intend to communicate how much I strongly dislike EG, and how I feel that he should not. .. .. . .. . .

you get the idea

10. Williamson

I don't know why you don't understand that. I mean, I don't feel that way about Eddie, but I understand how someone could feel that way.

After we wasted three first round picks on this guy, he not only doesn't pan out as a player (and not because he isn't talented enough by the way, but because he just didn't care), but he doesn't do much better as a person. After he beats and shoots at his ex-girlfriend, he fails to meet with the Rockets on what? Two seperate occasions to talk it out? He then talks about quitting basketball. Basically, we're talking about a guy who has the talent and oppurtunity most of us can only dream of, yet he has done very little positive with it. In fact, he's lucky he hasn't pissed away his oppurtunities all together.

By the way, we're also talking about a guy who would be signing at least a 50 million dollar deal right now, AT LEAST, if he even pretended to care through those years.

It's really not that difficult to understand how a person can resent him for that.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Eddie GRIFFITH not Griffin. This is a different player.

12. Williamson

Are you sure the paper didn't just get it wrong? I assumed they did. What are the chances the T-Wolves have an Eddie Griffin and an Eddie Griffith on the roster? Slim to none, I'd think, though I'm about to go straight to the T-Wolves website to investigate....

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I suspect they did get it wrong. I did a quick google search and there was an "eddie griffith" but it turned out that was a typo as well. Of course in Walters July 12 column he wrote:

"Wolves free agent Eddie Griffin has been close to signing a $5 million per season, multiyear contract with the team."

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Thank God we didn't go back after his punk ass.

15. today

today Contributing Member

This is a different player, but I actually think it's ANDY Griffith, not Eddie.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Honestly, when I first saw the thread I thought it was a prison sentence.

17. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

LOL very very hard!!!

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I still don't understand it. Where did this hatred come from? If it's because of what jmwilliamson explained -- about the waste of 3 picks and him quitting on the team -- I don't see how it'd actually transcend the basketball game that spawned it. After all, it was only an affront to you insofar as you love the Rockets. But, you say it's more than that now. Is it about how he had so much potential for personal success that he pissed away (as jmw also alluded to)? That he had opportunities you and I would never get and did next to nothing with them? But that seems more like cause for pity, or perhaps a competitive satisfaction, than hatred. Is it that he hit a woman and the lack of chivalry offends you? In that case, are there a dozen players for whom you hold a hatred that transcends basketball? Is that his commission of a crime raises your vigilante ire? Perhaps you despise him for his weakness -- that he allowed the problems of his past and his struggle with clinical depression tear down what he was building? You see, I don't get it.

19. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure it is Eddie Griffin after checking out RealGM's Minny board.

I somehow missed the fact that it was offered, and not accepted. I hope Eddie holds out for more money or goes somewhere else. Again, I feel better knowing whatever team signs him isn't superpleased with what they're getting. (Sorry, JV)

20. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member