1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin vs Darius Miles (this time its the big time)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Oct 31, 2001.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Eddie Griffin and Darius Miles will take their rivalry to the Big Leagues . The former high school super stars rematch takes place Thursday night when The Clippers Take on the Rockets , The Last time these two played (not including the summer league game) , Miles showed Griffin up and took to his team over his . I know EG will want a peice of Miles come thursday , This could turn into EG's breakout game and really turn some heads around the league . Miles will also want to showcase his talents when EG comes into the game , this should be a rivalry for years to come .

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Won't Griffin be guarding the PF, usually brand? Has Miles been playing more PF? I know he played some last year, but i doubt Griffin ends up on Miles and vice versa more than two or three plays.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If Griffin is in the game it will likely be Miles guarding him instead of Brand . There should be a few one on one matchups .

4. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

My guess is Griffin plays 6 minutes.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Clippers are playing Miles at the 4 or the 5??? Griffin so far has only played the 4 and 5 for the Rocks. All comments by Rudy and by Griffin indicate that this will not likely change.

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Rudy is more interested in winning the game. He'll play whoever gives him the best chance to do that. If the game is close, look for him to play the more experienced players.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rudy might need to spark the team if they arent playing well they didnt even beat the clippers last year . If he puts Griffin on Miles it could light a spark on the team who needs to keep its younger players out there to run with the Clips .

8. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Nothing against Rice or Williams - but it will take some young blood like Griffin & Morris to keep up with the Clippers.

I know Rudy wanted to win last night, but the Rockets 2nd units in the preseason, sure did look alot better than the lineups we played last night.

9. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

In all honesty, who would you guys rather have: Eddie or Miles? personally, i would even rather have Tmo over Miles.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I hope thats a joke. Miles is going to be awesome soon. Nothing to take away from Morris. I think he will end up being our small forward of the future and be a damn good one. But Miles has the "potential" to be a franchise player. Griffin I think is in the same mold as Miles. One less year of experience of course.

11. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

I agree, I think i am still on a high from the season starting and all. Undoubtedly, Miles is in another class. Regardless, let me be an irrational rockets fan till we lose our first one (if we ever lose) and i can find something to complain about.

12. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

I hope Rudy calls some plays for Eddie. All he ever gets to do is shoot jumpshots. We should try posting him on occasion. I know it's early, but we need to have a him as a more important part of trhe offense. We didn't trade 3 players just to have him as a jumpshooter and shotblocker I hope.

13. teeloo

teeloo Contributing Member

My prediction is that vs. the Clippers if anyone is going to have a breakout game it will be T Morris. After not having played in game #1 he will come out and explode and if the game is close he will hit the game winning shot ala Mobley in his rookie year(after not playing in game 1).

Just win baby!

14. tozai

tozai Member

Ok, wait a second. Eddie is playing his second NBA game EVER. Darius has been in the L for how long?
    Wait a couple of years and settle down

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Eddie is only 19. He's still learning the NBA style of game. Don't expect more than 10 minutes out of him.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

not trying to be greedy, but I hope he gets 10 to 15 min.

17. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Did Miles' HS kill Griffin's HS or was it AAU ball?

18. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Speaking of TMo, I'd like to see him get some minutes at SF tomorrow, defending Miles. He's only a rook and Miles is becoming a good player, but I think Morris could give Miles some problems with the early promise he's shown playing perimeter D.

I hope Griffin gets minutes too. We can use all the tall, lanky players we got, playing the Clips. We better not lose more than 1 game to them this year, especially if we want to make the playoffs.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I think Miles lit up Eddie for 40 in the McDonald's game 2yrs ago.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

As much as I like Miles, he'll be traded in the near future. Why? Well Brand is a proven young player at the 4 and we know Odom is the man at the 3. Where to play him is the big question and with his contract coming up in a couple of yrs, is he going to be content coming off the bench most of his career? The Rockets better lace up the track shoes because if they turn it over like they did against atlanta, they'll be run out the gym. The oung clipps change ends of the floor quicker than any team in the league. The Rockets must solve the press also.