1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin Sighting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cwebbster, Jan 21, 2007.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Hey All,

I was at Mister Car wash on Westheimer this morning, and I saw Griffin there. I was with my little girl and a friend, and I said to him "Eddie Griffin, whats up!" He looked at me like "What the **** do you want" So I felt kind of awkward. Well anyways, I was talking to my friend, explaining to her who he was, and I said he was the B-Ball player that shot at his girlfriend, and I made a gun gesture, and he looked right at me!! He gave me the evil eye. I think he was too high to care though. Just though you peeps would care to know that his Anti-Drug violation has landed him back in H-town! He was not as tall as I thought he was.

2. hoyarocketsfan

he was probably just grumpy because he couldn't watch p*rn while his car got washed.

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I didn't know he still lived in Houston. I know his house was in Shadow Lake (where he shot his gf) which is the neighborhood right across from me.

Did you get a chance to see what car he drives?

I hate to intrude in your thread, but if you want to talk about awkward situations, I was in the same hot tub as Othella Harrington this past summer over at the LA Fitness on Briar Forest and Eldridge.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Griffin...and his car.

I sense a joke coming...

5. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

this is really interesting. but that's messed up though the way he responded to you. that's really messed. u cant blame him though because he might be a little high.. :D

what is he doing in H-Town though? could he be back??? :eek:

OR, he might actually live here. everybody loves living in Houston..

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yep. Can't blame a guy for being high in public and driving his vehicle too! :confused:

7. cwebbster

i forgot about the p*rn! This is so funny though, they had a section in the shop where they sell "his/hers" candles, that the wax becomes massage oil, and that was the first thing he looked at!

I think he was driving a white SUV.

#7 cwebbster, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Griffin sucks. The dictionary definition of knucklehead may actually be Eddie Griffin.

Any opportunity to say it :p

BTW, maybe i've just been missing out, but why is there not made more of the fact he shares a name with a movie star?

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He was probably looking for a job.

10. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

he is human like everyone else.

We are all products of what we grow up around, and have no choice about the situations we are born into.

The situations we are born into, many times, define our core personalities.

My point, is that many of you are WAY too judgemental. if we dig into your personal lives, I'm sure there will be many skeletons. Quit with the judgemental actions already.

Not one of you is Christ.

11. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

you are judging us by calling us judgemental

12. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

:eek: Cwebb, good thing you didnt shake his hand.

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

He was probably suffering from depression of somewhat or maybe just simply high on some illegal substance. Poor kid, no team would have wanted this kid anymore with his drug used. :(

14. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

He's probably down here to spend time with John Lucas. I remember reading articles a couple years ago about Lucas trying to help Eddie get back on his feet.

15. Manun

Manun Member

Lol, if that was true 100% of all killers, pedophiles, rapers would be outside now. Maybe right outside ur door :cool:

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I guess growing up poor gives him the right to beat up women and shoot at them with guns :eek:

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

And if you're grew up rich (female) you would be obligated to turn into a Paris Hilton :)

18. cwebbster

Speaking of Help, Lucas set by me in an Economics class at Baylor when he was there, and he used to ALWAYS ask for answers to stuff. I would always give him the wrong answer, and he would show a lower grade then me. He would turn and say, "Damn man, that test was hard" I would put my tounge in my cheek to keep from laughing! Now he is a millionaire, and probably the one laughing

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Griffin is a lost cause, he should be glad someone would want to greet him. Im pretty sure even his teammates hate to be seen with him.

20. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

His famed SUV was sold for a very good price on ebay. Maybe he should start a business selling cars.