1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed visits Texans facility

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

At least it's blatantly obvious why we didn't go hard after Quin.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hopefully so man. After losing Winston and Ryans for peanuts a year after our best season, the Texans definitely had me fooled. Hopefully they had me fooled. Hopefully...

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Got way more for Demeco than the Ravens did for playoff hero (and #1 WR) Boldin. And Demeco had a down year going into that offseason

4. Nook

Nook Member

Ryans was over paid and Winston should be a guard.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Again, referring to the win now mentality. Yeah, we didn't miss Ryans and Winston one bit this year, a year you'd think we'd have been going all-in for... right. Their 2012 cap hits weren't anything wild were they?

Y'all are taking this argument somewhere completely different. I guess I'll swing it, what did the Texans actually do last offseason that led you to believe they were going all-in (win now)? Was it bringing in Forsett or signing an ILB that was even slower than Ryans had become?

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

The way management is structuring our contracts, this isn't really true. If we were to win now, contract structure for everyone would be similar to Schaub's, which is helpful cap number now, and pay big in 2-3 years.

Instead, Joseph, Foster, Manning all have pretty flat salary layouts. They have not, to my knowledge, reworked Antonio Smith's contract to lower his enormous cap figure. Smith's contract hurts this season a lot, but helpful in the future. And Andre's cap hit is simply huge, especially for a WR.

If the Texans want to make this a make-or-break year, they can certainly squeeze out a lot more cap room than they currently have.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

Despite the fact that he'll probably be injured more than he actually plays, signing Reed would finally give me(and I imagine others as well) some excitement for next season that I have been severely lacking at all for the Texans since the Vikings game.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This. Makes me feel a lot better than I did earlier this afternoon. I don't know how much Reed has left, but it at least shows some sense of urgency about the next year or two. It only matters if they get it done, though, so I'm not exactly popping champagne yet.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe this is their plan in pursuing Reed and/or Asumougah (I know I butchered that)? I think potentially, they could sign one of these guys and still go after a linebacker, if done right. I could be wrong though. Surely Andre would restructure his deal in order for his friend to sign.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Fingers crossed! Getting Ed Reed would be awesome for this defense.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The player rep for free agent Charles Woodson says the Texans have reached out to his client.
    Woodson visited the 49ers on Wednesday, but no deal is imminent. San Francisco is hosting free agent Louis Delmas on Thursday. Woodson might be an option in Houston if the Texans can't work something out with free agent Ed Reed first.

12. babyface44

babyface44 Member

Manning was the ONLY reason we beat Chicago. Ya'll are crazy to say let him go.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wheels up! GM Rick Smith is on his way to pick up free agent S Ed Reed in <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a> chairman &amp; CEO Bob McNair's private jet</p>&mdash; Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/312176310598373376" data-datetime="2013-03-14T12:20:07+00:00">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Work your magic Rick...

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, that would be so awesome if we could get Reed. I would fully expect him to play less next season than Quinn did, but were he healthy in the playoffs that could make a world of difference. While on the field, he is definitely better than Quinn (even at his age).

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

when does the Pickup leave with all the fans?

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Wonder if Rick Smith brought an Ipad with him...

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Better at least get this guy. The Texans haven't really done ****. This would be a nice start.

19. wadero

wadero Member

Wow Typicall Houston response to losing players. Lets go sign an aging Veteran to shut up the Fans. The news we are bringing in Reed and Woodson excites all of you? They are over the hill players who are looking for a last pay day and we will probably sign one of them with cash we could have used to get Glover? We know we need a number two Receiver as well and it is a fact it takes top WR at least a year from the time they are drafted to do anything in the NFL. We need to address so many holes on this team it is crazy to spend a large part of it on a way old player who is nearing the end of there Career.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

While teams like the Broncos are stock piling talent on both ends; first Wes Welker and now Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

We need to get some serious talent like that in here quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.