1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed visits Texans facility

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ravens to meet with safety Huff; Reed "nonplussed" about Texans offer

Huff, 30, could provide Ravens a contingency plan if veteran free safety Ed Reed signs with the Houston Texans, a situation that remains up in the air with sources saying the former NFL Defensive Player of the Year nonplussed about a three-year offer worth roughly $12 million.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

what does "nonplussed" mean

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

non·plussed
    /nänˈpləst/

Adjective
    (of a person) Surprised and confused so much that they are unsure how to react.
    (of a person) Unperturbed.

Synonyms
    aghast - confused

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The situation remains fluid.

5. conquistador#11

can i have origin of the word, please? :p

1 person likes this.
  6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Uh, contestant #11, it's," May I have the origin of the word, not can I."
    Language of origin. Latin.
    Carry on. :)

The Texans aren't diving into stupid decisions of giving him $7m a year, so I don't really have a reason to criticize Rick Smith....yet.

7. Rafi

Rafi Member

Thats a ****ty ass lowball offer. no wonder Reed gtfo

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

It is only a lowball offer in Reed's mind.

There are no other teams that are offering more than the Texans are.

Hell, at this moment, there are only two teams (Texans and Ravens) that even made an offer.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Can you really be lowballing while simultaneously having the best offer?

#knowyourworth

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lowball compared to whom?? Nobody else is bidding against the Texans for him. It's Business 101, and flat-out good business. Reed is 34. If you don't get that, then maybe it shouldn't be Reed who GTFO......

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Texans better not lose out on Huff now with Reed dicking around longer. Hope he doesn't just decide to retire and leave the Texans with no one left.

12. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Why don't we just do a manning, Joseph type deal and sign huff, and a 2nd receiver, or a rt?

13. 45souf

45souf Member

From NFL.com

Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti believes safety Ed Reed will remain with the organization. That's what his gut tells him, at least.

Bisciotti made an appearance on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Tuesday and asked what his gut feeling was on the Reed negotiations.

"That we have him," he replied.

Reed recently visited with the Houston Texans and told The Baltimore Sun he wants a similar amount to the $7.2 million he earned in 2012. Reed reportedly turned down a three-year offer that averaged around $4 million per year. Bisciotti might be confident, but tempered expectations.

"It will be tough, but we've got guys that will fill in," Bisciotti said. "Ed is a special guy and I'm encouraged that Ozzie's still talking with him."

Bisciotti spoke about the possibility of being the first Super Bowl champion since 2003 to open the following season on the road. There's a scheduling conflict with the Baltimore Orioles that might keep the Ravens from kicking off the NFL season on Thursday, Sept. 5.

"We're close. We obviously have to make a quick decision," Bisciotti said. "There's a lot of parties with Major League Baseball that have to come together and find out if it's an obstacle they can overcome.

Offseason Forecast: Ravens
    Around The League examines what's next for the NFL's 32 teams in 2013. Gregg Rosenthal covers the Ravens. More ...
    "Disappointed for the fans. If we're forced to do it, then we have to do it. ... I'll be disappointed, but we'll get over it."

The Ravens' owner also told a story about Joe Flacco being comfortable walking away from the team's contract offer before the season. In turn, the organization was fine with declining Flacco's offer. They decided to let the season play out. In the end, Flacco came out on top with a six-year, $120.6 million deal with $52 million guaranteed.

"It was not like I was rooting against him," Bisciotti said with a laugh.

Bisciotti certainly didn't seem stressed about anything these days. It's good to be the champ.

14. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Mcnair on NFL AM this mrning will talk about Ed Reed.. Hope someone can
    put a summary of the interview... Stuck at work with no radio/and internet had streaming blocked :(

15. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Dont worry guys the Texans are know for' Closers".. They get this done :)

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Let's see him beat it.

17. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Lol fail.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so much stupid in such a short post

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I hear ya. Like I said, it’s concerning. But look at it this way: were the Broncos or Ravens remotely in their games against us? The Patriots are a historically great team with a historically great QB. We need to measure up to them, for sure – but sometimes, this is a process. There are a *lot* of teams not remotely in games against those guys.

Let’s keep your source in mind. I would bet more than a few Cowboy fans would trade the Wade Fade for the Garrett… BlowIt…… (I got nuthin’).

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Love for Ed Reed to be here...primarily as an advisor for younger players..but this year's draft has a lot of talented safeties...Reed could be an excellent teacher for a fortunate player...I also like that the Texans arent willing to mortgage their future on his presence either..smart decisions now pay off down the line...overpaying for Ed can be a problem...but i will not waver from my thoughts on his impact on this team...Ed Reed can definitely help...but only at the right price. Go Texans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.