1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed visits Texans facility

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I saw Ed Reed in goth drag at the Renaissance Festival this weekend

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Not sure what it means, but just saw Ed Reed in Nashville.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

[BREAKING]

hey guys I'm here at club Blue Planet on Richmond and ran into Ed Reed who is filling in for the normal bathroom attendant tonight. I didn't have any change but did grab a peppermint and promised to "get ya next time".

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just saw Ed Reed at Buc-ee's in Madisonville.

1 person likes this.
  5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's going to Dallas! :(

6. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Who's Ed Reed?!

7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i believe you, i'm Reed Todd Ed

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Do they need to be in a hurry? Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the order of offseason is FA, draft, then June/July cuts for cap purposes. It's not as if the Texans won't have anywhere to spend money after this, nor are they screwed at a position if they forgo safety right now.

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

My friend of a friend saw Ed Reed at Dunkn Donuts.

10. msn

msn Member

LOL at the "Where's Waldo" thing that has evolved.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Ed Reed just walking the streets, but I was too afraid to go up and talk to him for some reason.

[​IMG]

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

As the Houston Texans continue to haggle with the agent for veteran free safety Ed Reed after his visit Friday, the Super Bowl champion Ravens haven't closed the door on trying to retain the former NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

To characterize the situation as a true financial competition would be a bit of an overstatement, though.

The Ravens' tight salary-cap situation could preclude them from making Reed a major negotiating priority. Plus, the 34-year's old age, durability concerns and decline in range could work against a reunion with the Ravens.

The Ravens would like to have Reed back, but not for $6 million annually and definitely not for the $7.2 million he made in the final year of his expired six-year, $44.5 million contract.

As for the Texans, a league source with knowledge of the situation characterized the Texans' initial three-year offer as low enough that a fast deal was unrealistic. Talks are ongoing with the Texans and Reed's agent, David Dunn, who has kept Ravens officials informed of what's going on as both teams and Dunn attend the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix.

Players for both the Ravens and Texans remain hopeful that Reed chooses their team, but it appears that the Texans are willing to commit more money to the nine-time Pro Bowl selection.

"Any team that's fortunate enough to get him is getting a Hall of Fame player," Texans quarterback Matt Schaub said Monday night at the Ed Block Courage award banquet at Martin's West. "He's one of the best if not the best safety to ever play the game and still in his prime. If you can add that kind of player, the leadership, the intensity he brings to his job, he's going to make the whole team better. It's the nature of the business. We'll see what happens."

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Does anyone really believe the Texans won't mess this up? I know we're supposed to be dropping down on them every chance we get because after 10 crappy years they finally managed to bring us two playoff teams, but they're really just a terrible franchise.

14. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Can someone post a summary on the Raversinsider.. Hes on with sports 790 now.,
    but im stuck at work with no radio....

Maybe he has some intersting things to say about Ed Reed

15. MadMax

@RavensInsider is on 790 this morning...Aaron Wilson..beat writer who covers the Ravens.

He says Texans offer for Reed was a 3 year offer and for less than what he made this last year.

Writer says he still thinks Reed plays at a really high level...gambling less...he played even better in playoffs. Not as fast as he was, but knowledge of game brings him to the football.

But be careful with his durability. Chronic injuries. He makes a big hit and then it affects him.

Ed Reed's camp is waiting for 3rd team to get involved...so far no one else has. Not going on more trips. Hoped 49ers would get involved, but haven't. Neither has Indy or NE.

Texans talked numbers with Reed before he came here....the only obstacle between Reed and Texans is numbers. Everything else is positive.

If Ed were younger..this thing would be done...but he's not.

Not likely to retire if he doesn't get number he wants.

16. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Man i really dont know what our front office is doing..
    you send a private plane to pick up Ed Reed, wine dine him and then
    give a very low offer ...... COME ON MAN....

17. Pete the Cheat

it's called a negotiation. don't blame the man for trying to milk his last pay day.

18. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Yea your right.. Hopefully this will be over soon... Hopefully today...
    Either sign with us or with Ravens, but atleast the Texans can move on.

Or maybe this is just an excuse for the Texans Front office... (Let this play out
    and blame it on the Ed Reed situation that no more quality free agents were on the market) after he signed with Baltimore

19. MadMax

No one other than Baltimore is even interested according to every media outlet out there. That should tell you something.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

So we continue to wait....on Ed Reed's timetable apparently. Anytime Ed! Take your time. Houston will be here waiting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.