1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed thinks the Texans were out-coached by the Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheDr34m, Nov 11, 2013.

1. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Now that the season is out of hand and he has less playing time. Reed finds a way to go all in on the coaching staff and throw them under the bus. He hasn't exactly brought his A game either so I don't understand why he would be the one to open his mouth. That should come from a guy like Andre but he is too classy to say anything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...the-texans-were-out-coached-by-the-cardinals/

I'm not disagreeing with Ed though.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is 100% is right.

He's one of the best safetys/leaders ever.

These comments ended the Kubiak era.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's like a player coach, so he would know.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So it sounds like the crux of his complaints are...the offense shouldn't go 3 and out because then the defense spends too much time on the field and gets tired.

Well, duh.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Considering he is the highest paid coach on staff he should probably STFU.

Useless twat.

6. plates300

plates300 Member

regardless of who said it, even if it was Reed, it's true. Every single game it seems like we're being out coached.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I know your use to your old good ol boys in your ol good of boy system but all that crap is coming to a end here in Houston not every star player or every has been player is a yessir no sir guy. What needed to be said was said. At the end of the day Ed Reed has a ring and the Texans only been to the playoffs 2 years in 11 years and hasn't even seen the afc championship so you can stfu.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At least they got it right when they put him on the bench.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I get it now. Ed Reed is the new Dan Reeves. The consultant hired by Bob Mcnair to evaluate the coaching staff.

That has to be what it is because HE CERTAINLY WAS NOT BROUGHT IN FOR HIS FOOTBALL SKILLS.

Now 0-7 with Ed Reed suited up in Houston.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Worst Texans' season ever.

11. Bandwagoner

Ed Reed blows so any reference to his former team's success is irrelevant. He isn't paid to be a coach or commentator, and what he is being payed for, he sucks at. So his opinion on a team that he stole money from is just as worthless.

I'm not sure what your first sentence is supposed to mean. Perhaps next time try spelling and grammar?

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you think mcnair gives a rats ass?

Of couse not.

Every game sold out.. raise parking... these are the objectives here get it straight. In that sense mcnair is undefeated super bowl winner.

Once you recognize this it all makes sense.

Play not to win.. play not to lose. Status quo as long as he can while padding the stats of attendance and cash grab any which way.

Think about it.. how long has mcnair stretched kubiaks tenure? It's all about the stretch stretch stretch.

Do you really think mcnair will spend the money on cowher or gruden? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

'Class organization' I guess it sounds nice but what does that mean exactly?

This team has been a joke from day 1 when they named it the 'texans' ( a dallas name - sick sick) and signed boselli.

We'd still be run run pass punt dom capers if mcnair could have gotten away with it. Heck if mcnair could get away with it he would field the bellaire cardinals.

Worse losing percentage than astros. good job mcnair. Sorry guys but this is for the long haul and it's not going to be any different any time soon until mcnair sells the team or dies.

NUCLEAR WINTER

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

TEAM "Bandwagoner" here. :eek:

Of course, his being a "veteran" is a cause for the press to go to him, Cstyle... they'll make him say even more DUMB things. He's showing his "veteran" lack of speaking skills by throwing everyone else but himself under the bus.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

we are too predictable, been having that problem for a couple a years now

15. Bandwagoner

Everyone is on the Bandwagon.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That want is wrong with you texans fans you don't get it. How is Ed Reed stealing money from Bob McNair even compare to all the money Bob McNair has stole from Texans fans for 11 years? Look at the big picture dude Ed Reed is has been Houston made this same mistake as the Oilers. This is business to McNair and I'm sure Ed Reed wants to win but he doesn't have it physically like he did but he a safety playing on defense get real...

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

My bad responded to the wrong person.

18. Bandwagoner

I see you didn't take my advice about grammar. Honestly, I cannot understand anything you posted.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'm not... been here since '02... check the post history.

I support Bandwagoner's opinions, though. ;)

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's not meant for you to understand that's why Bob McNair can keep on taking your money lol.