1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Finals] (2)Boston vs. (4)Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 10, 2018.

?

(2)Boston vs. (4)Cleveland

Poll closed May 14, 2018.
  1. Celtics in 4

7.4%
  2. Celtics in 5

7.4%
  3. Celtics in 6

29.8%
  4. Celtics in 7

9.9%
  5. Cavs in 7

8.3%
  6. Cavs in 6

24.8%
  7. Cavs in 5

9.9%
  8. Cavs in 4

2.5%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

And who in the 2ks and 2010s has that size, speed, strength and quickness? Nobody. Unless you think Marcus Morris, rookie Tatum, Cj Miles, and Lance Stephenson is a tougher road than anything MJ ever had(BTW if Rodman could defend MJ in the perimeter or Shaq in the post, you're damn straight he can defend LeBron with success and if Kawhi can give LeBron trouble or Iggy even - Pippen won't be some pushover - Add to that 90s rules and LeBron will have a harder time, but he'd eventually adjust).

They're 2 different positions. MJ was bigger,stronger faster than anyone at his position all the same in the 80s-90s as he would be today. There's not a single SG today that MJ wouldn't have every physical advantage over or at least almost every advantage over. But even though they have similar physical advantages over their positions like Shaq/Wilt did over theirs and LeBron over his, MJ's skill set is so laughably beyond those big brutes.

They're not the same. LeBron is a bigger, stronger, faster Magic Johnson or Clyde Drexler IMO. I used to say Grant Hill, but Grant had way more finesse closer to a 2nd 3 peat MJ or older Kobe.

I guess call me a hater though for not being impressed over taking this team to the Finals against teams everyone except LeBron fans will completely laugh at as competition in a few years. This is basically that 07 season or whichever it was when he took that Cavs team to the FInals to get swept by the Spurs. Getting through 2 40 win teams and a Pistons team who no longer had Ben Wallace or Larry Brown was not impressive when you have the best player on your team. He would have faced the Spurs in the 1st round and been swept there instead of the Finals if he played in the West. Same thing with this team. He's the best player facing teams without any legitimate top 10 or 20 players. He would have lost in the 2nd round at best if he were in the West(maybe even 1st round) but were all going to celebrate his NBA Finals appearances and completely overlook his path there and only credit being in the Finals and then after he loses - we'll say Jordan never had to face such a good team in the Finals once again overlooking LeBron's weak ass road and tearing down MJ in order to help LeBron's losses look greater than MJ's wins. And if he wins he'll be GOAT, even though these dubs needed CP3 out to even snake past the Rockets.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I agree 100%.

LeBron will never be GOAT in my book even though I have "witnessed" him throughout his entire career and the media has hyped him up ever since he was 17.

The main drawback with him is that he took the easy way out. Joining the Heat to be DWade's sidekick. Yes he re-joined the Cavs and won a title but again if you've been to the finals 10+ times every dog will have its day. Throughout his 15 year career he only played 82 games just once because he wanted to rest - again taking the easy way out. He continues to live in the East because he knows the difficulty to compete in the West. The only thing that could change this narrative is if he joined a West team and won a title while still being the #1 option/playing at a high level.

His greatest attribute without a doubt is his durability and not suffering a season/career ending injury yet which is remarkable since he leads the league in minutes per game. Is it more pure luck, naturally built to handle the toll or is it his relentless work in the gym?

4. BigO

BigO Member

Lebron losing: hahaha what a weakling can't beat this and that
    Lebron winning: hahaha he beat bunch of weaklings
    Lebron going for 8 straight finals: haha all his competition is weak

IDAGF: these Lebron and Jordan comparisons getting old, i dont care which is better, i just enjoy great player performing amazingly and just giving me great moments. But some people just lose it (mainly MJ fan bois) if someone says Lebron is better, it's like if others agree something bad will happen to you or your family so you will argue to death, such a waste of energy for no reason, can't you just enjoy great player? Then again Harden can drop multiple 30+ games on GSW (one of the best teams of all time) and people act like he is some scrub out here just playing casual ball and not trying.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Celtics should bring back Smart, let Marcus Morris go and they should go to another level next season.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gud luck with dat.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm with him. His flopping alone is worth 10M.

Pay that dude!

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Name is Smart, can't go wrong with that.

Easy likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I hope they break their bank on Marcus Smart and he flops.

whozee and J.R. like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You literally have no idea what you're watching. Lebron James has an inch and about 50 pounds on Rodman. You've got to be kidding.

Lebron has dragged JR Smith to fhe Finals four times. You guys want to continue to move the goal posts on Lebron. It's silly. Oladipo, Derozan, Lowry, and Horford were all all-stars. The Celtics have the best coach in the league. The Cavs second best player is a guy who didn't even play the two elimination games that Lebron won about as single-handedly as humanly possible. He played 48 minutes in game seven in Boston after scoring 46 points in the previous game.

Seriously, you guys live in fantasy land.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

he's nuts. This system player is gone

13. Mr. Space City

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Who is this?

15. Mr. Space City

kendrick perkins.