1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ebola 1st case in the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ron from the G, Sep 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You can say other insults, for example.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You think Doctors without Borders in West Africa has the same safety gear and hazmat unit as stateside hospitals? Plus, he's treating multiple ebola patients daily. And you still expect him to be completely safe from ebola?

Did you know that in August, WHO estimated 240 healthcare workers in West Africa were infected with ebola? Granted, not all of them will take the same precautions or have access to the same sanitary equipment, but when you play around fire, expect to get burned once in a while. 120 of those healthcare workers died of ebola, too. Healthcare workers are around ebola, voluntarily putting their lives at risk to help those in need. They aren't guaranteed safety from becoming infected themselves.
    (Source: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/25-august-2014/en/)

1 person likes this.
  3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

So you seem to realize this and you have all these stats to back it up. Yet he doesn't then? He didn't realize how much of a risk he was then? Either way, if there were protocols and gear in place and he contracted it, then he ****ed up. If there weren't appropriate gear in place then he knew the risks and still went out amongst the people, then he ****ed up.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

This.

He didnt follow protocol. The same protocols hes probably been teaching to people in Guinea. This isnt about his contagion level. I dont give a rats ass about that. Its about irresponsible, dangerous, selfish behavior. He is a self centered ass who doesnt give a **** about others. He works with doctors without borders? Humanitarian? Who gives a flying **** when he couldnt even bother to follow the protocols that he had been telling others. He was supposed to stay the hell inside. He chose to ride the subway, goto public areas, interact physically with others. **** him. I hope he lives so i dont have to hear bull**** anecdotes about his ****ing altruistic work. How ****ing selfless was he when he was exposing his contaminated self to others? He didnt give a **** about anyone else but his own ****ing desire to go bowling. **** him and every single bull**** oh he wasnt contagious ****ing excuse for his irre****ingsponsible behavior. I want him to be locked in a room of mirrorrs so he has to stare at his ****ing face every ****ing moment.

5. hotballa

It doesnt ****ing matter. He was supposed to stay the **** inside for 21 ****ing days even if he was healthier than Wolverine. He didnt do that. He wanted to goto hipsterville probably in his ebola ****ing fedora and talk about the ****ing rainforest while sipping his ebola latte. **** him.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

LOL!!! NYC going nuts.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/article/msf-protocols-staff-returning-ebola-affected-countries

7. TL

TL Contributing Member

You've lost perspective.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidkr...ff-returning-from-ebola-stricken-west-africa/

"Neither MSF or federal, state, or city public health officials require that medical professionals caring for Ebola-infected patients completely isolate themselves upon returning home. Instead, they require the following:

1. Check temperature two times per day
    2. Finish regular course of malaria prophylaxis (malaria symptoms can mimic Ebola symptoms)
    3. Be aware of relevant symptoms, such as fever
    4. Stay within four hours of a hospital with isolation facilities
    5. Immediately contact the MSF-USA office if any relevant symptoms develop

These guidelines are the same as those used by the CDC for anyone returning from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa."

8. hotballa

Ebola has up a 21 day incubation period. This ****er knows that better than anyone else. What if he suddenly developed a fever on the subway, then what? Get outta here with bull****. What about his fiancee and friends who came into contact with him after he developed symptoms. Why the **** are we retracing every damn step he made the night before developing symptoms? Simple, because there is a chance. So what he checksbhis temp at 10am and its 100, does that ****ing mean he was ok to be with people at 9:55? **** that. Hes a ****ing doctor that should know this **** better than anyone else. The fact is he didnt care, he had to go ****ing bowling and take the subway. He is a selfish assshat pure and simple. **** his bull**** altruism. Probably does that **** to feel better about himself. ****ing irresponsible bowling *******

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I retract my earlier post which was later copied verbatim. Please don't get me wrong, I want NYC to tear this guy to pieces. Hurricanes and ebola don't exist until they happen there, and when they do it is the end of the world.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I also hate bowlers (but enjoy bowling). They are white trash.

11. hotballa

I got love for you bandwagoner, my profanities are totally directed at The Ebola Doctah. And yeah we new yorkers are self centered, i aint gonna lie about that

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

more like Ebola Without Borders. It seems a little strange that all these "medical professionals" are going on vacation or out on the town so soon after coming back from treating ebola patients.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well I pretty much agree with you. If you are working with this disease in that capacity I'm sorry you need to refrain from contact. If that isn't true then like you said why retrace your steps from the previous hours/days. Why not just sit your ass at home. Pretty stupid

14. TL

TL Contributing Member

Is this the medical opinion from "Really? There are 2 holes?"?

15. Duncan McDonuts

U mad, brah. Y so serious?

Is it because you're being selfish that you're at risk for contracting ebola? News flash:
    [​IMG]

You are at such a minimal risk of contracting ebola. The doctor followed all medical guidelines and knows much more about ebola than you do. He knows how to stay safe and prevent its spread. But no, let's crucify these people because we're the uneducated, ignorant mass.

Ignorance leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Dark side yada yada.

16. hotballa

Ok so i didnt know girls had two pee holes. Still doesnt change the fact the guys an irresponsible piece of **** bowler.

17. hotballa

And yet best way to prevent spread is to stay the hell away from people especially when you are at high risk for contracting it. Ebolas has a 21 day incubation period. He was in the highest risk category. Simple math. What if he developed a fever while riding the subway. What the **** do you say to everyone in that car? Show them a ****ing chart? Get outt here with that

18. TL

TL Contributing Member

Apparently you still don't understand.

Credibility. Lost.

(well, assuming it was there to begin with)

#818 TL, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  19. Duncan McDonuts

That's a good question. I'd start by not vomiting on everyone or jizzing my sperm into people's mouths or eyes. I admit, it'd take a lot of restraint on my normal behavior, but if I were concerned about spreading ebola, that's what I'd do.

I certainly hope Dr. Spencer did that at least.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I have to say: even when someone doesn't have ebola, I get sick of that kind of schtick. Very millennial.