1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eating major crow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Those of you who remember my posts from early in the season, probably can understand how stunned I am to see the Rockets at 9-6 and, and even more stunned at the rapid development of Yao Ming. I noticed improvements 5 or 6 games ago, but kept my mouth shut, not to jinx anything. I think the Rockets played well even in the games that they blew away. I will shut up again, I just wanted you to know that I do feel like eating crow, and haven't "conviniently" disappeared. Also, I want to remind those who care that I am still "in" for $50 to the tip-jar if Rox win 50 games.

Other observations:

1. If Orlando trades Mike Miller for Cato, they can't sign a big FA next summer, so I don't think it's likely. Plus wasn't Nachbar supposed to be a "Mike Miller with an accent" (Chad Ford)? I know, I know, according to Chad, Ginobili was supposed to be the ROY, Mehmet Okur was going to start for Detroit, etc... But, with Rice proving serviceable, I think the Rockets can afford to wait a bit longer on the Slovenian to show up...

2. I am still not sold on Ron Artest, at least not to the point where I think he might be better than Mobley. Indy is rolling now and it's lifting all boats. Heck, Walt Williams and Avery Johnson look great in Dallas. Mobley is not a good decision maker, true, but I can live with that. We won titles with Maxwell and Cassel, and Mobley is smarter than both. What the team needs to do is to use him more as a spotup shooter, than a slasher. I believe he can do it.

3. If only Eddie Griffin and T. Morris could shoot better, this team would be unstopable.

4. Let the "Cato for Rashard and Joe Forte" rumors start!

2. Possum

Possum Member

EAT IT!!!! :p :D

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I have much respect for those who admit wrongdoings. It shows maturity. Can you spare a little for me?

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The crow sez, "Kaaa Kaaa" :)

5. Greg M

Greg M Member

Amen about Griffin! Please add Taylor to that list as well. Let's see....Taylor doesn't rebound well, is a really poor defender and now he can't shoot???

I wouldn't pass judgement on Morris yet. He's barely played and shot well in the preseason. Hopefully he'll bust out in Sacramento.

6. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

wooooh...hold up with Cuttino vs. Maxwell comparison....If Cuttino can ever play D like Maxwell, I would agree with you but Cuttino is off by a trip to the moon. P.S. Cuttino is not as smart or smarter then Cassell, as shameless yes but not as smart.
    P.S. no need to apologize, your post shows that you care and your doubts shows that you love.

7. timm

timm Member

Kayman, you da man. BTW, keep your pessimism, if that leads to more Rockets wins!!

8. moomoo

moomoo Member

If Griff gets wide open shots from someone else creating, then this is true.

Otherwise, even if Griff does shoot better, then I think defending him will be easy: just crowd him, give him no room to shoot since he has zero driving ability and is not a threat to get past his defender.