1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conference Finals] (1)Milwaukee vs. (2)Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 12, 2019.

?

(1)Milwaukee vs. (2)Toronto

Poll closed May 15, 2019.
  1. Bucks in 4

1.8%
  2. Bucks in 5

8.8%
  3. Bucks in 6

26.3%
  4. Bucks in 7

12.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

21.1%
  6. Raptors in 6

28.1%
  7. Raptors in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Raptors in 4

1.8%
  1. sew

sew Member

Klaw vs the Freak is gonna be lit

s3ts likes this.
  2. biina

biina Member

Picked Bucks in 5.

Raptors are overmatched and don't have the firepower to keep up.

J.R. likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Toronto survived the NBA conspiracy. You can't root against them. ;)

ghettocheeze, sew and B-Bob like this.
  4. ilias

ilias Member

Bucks have the highest ceiling, but need a lot of their non-star players to produce. Giannis and Middleton won't be enough.

Bled runs hot and cold, more of a liability so deep in the playoffs. Mirotic is bouncing back healthwise, but he is nowhere near his last season's all-star level performance. Brogdon just came back, they can't rely on him this series. Lopez was a massive hole offensively, and Gasol/Ibaka will draw him out and make him unplayable. Pat and Hill were great against the Celtics, and they will need to perform again. Unless two of Bled/Brogdon/Mirotic/Lopez step up, the Bucks will struggle to score against the Raptors defense. The Bucks need to start Giannis at C, and Hill at the point with 3 shooters between them.

If the Bucks don't make quick adjustments, I like Toronto in 6. It's a shame, because I don't see Toronto having a chance against GSW in the finals.

saleem likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I honestly think, if you remove the top player from each team, that Toronto has more talent.

I guess the combo-breaker is if they're going to let Giannis just run people over all series and give him whistles on every debatable off-tackle run to the basket.

6. biina

biina Member

playoffs are always about matchups and the matchups favor Bucks heavily.

1. Toronto doesnt have any good matchups to defend Giannis - Gasol is too slow, Siakam lacks strength while Ibaka no longer has the athleticism is probably still the best option.

2. Bledsoe, Hill and Brogdon have the edge over Lowry, Vanvleet and Green.

3. Middleton and Connaughton should be able to make Kawhi work.

4. Lack of Athletic bigs and length will give Lopez, Mirotic, and Ilyasova a lot of practice 3pt shots.

5. Bucks are deeper and can push the pace.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I don't know who is going to win, but this should be an entertaining series (I hope).

8. malakas

malakas Member

Lopez isnt going to the 3pnt line to guard Gasol who only shoots once in a blue moon. If he makes a couple of 3s then so be it. Also the one to guard Kawhi will be Middleton as in the RS and Giannis will be on Siakam.
    The Bucks will most likely choose to sacrifise Midds offensive contribution to let him try to contain Kawhi as best as he can and the rest of the team will have to step up.

I am not going to say predictions not to jinx it but this was the opponent I prefered if not for anything other than not having to put up with Phillys flopping, taunting and their obnoxious fanbase. At least the Craptors are a respectful team and their fans are funny.

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Which team will give the Warriors more fits?

This is the team that I want to win

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Now that the Rockets have gone fishing, I gotta root for former Rockets legend Kyle Lowry and the Raptors.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Gonna root for the other former Rockets legend, you-know-who. ;)

ghettocheeze, Os Trigonum and yoeddy like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Vin Baker (assistant)?

Easy likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ouch Boston

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL, No respect for Boston from the Freak.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Toronto @ Milwaukee Zach Zarba (#15) John Goble (#30) Sean Wright (#4) Pat Fraher (#26)

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there

Easy likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the Number of Free Throws for Giannas maybe an indicator of the game

Rocket River

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

...the heck is this?

Kawhi is going to be on Giannis when it's crunch-time, and vice versa. I don't think Kawhi is going to let someone else take the challenge.

If Butler, Simmons and Harris couldn't stop Kawhi last series, what makes you think Middleton and Connaughton will?

saleem and Lurch like this.
  19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I’m taking Bucks just because I don’t trust the rest of the Raptors.

The Raps defense is legit but I’m afraid they may not get enough help offensively. They were able to make it work against an immature and inconsistent Philly team but Milwaukee has been the best team in the league all year. Going to be a different challenge.

I really just want Giannis vs Kawhi to live up to the hype. I’m hoping for another 7 gamer.

20. biina

biina Member

Is it a sight problem or a comprehension problem?

You dont stop superstars, but try to make them work on both ends of the floor. This is what Simmons and co did and brought Kawhi's FG% to 43% in the last 3 games (compared to about 62% he was getting in the first 4 games)

Also while Kawhi is a good perimeter defender, at 6-7, he would be at a severe disadvantage defending the much taller Giannis in the paint. Putting kawhi on the greek freak would make things much easier for Bucks i.e. having toronto's best perimeter defender standing in the paint while bucks rain 3s

Kawhi's primary assignment is almost surely going to be guarding Middleton, while the rest of the team try to make Giannis a jump shooter.

(Of course Giannis is athletic enough to pickup Kawhi on occasions but you dont want him doing so long term cos of possible foul trouble)