1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conf Finals] Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by munco, May 19, 2007.

1. munco

munco Member

Does anyone really believe that the Cavs can't win the series? Although the Cavs have been hot, I have not been impressed with them.

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I think the Cavs have the potential to take this series to a game 7. But I just think Detroit has that extra "umph" to go the distance.. especially with all those veterans on that team.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'll make a total homer call and pick my Cavs in...6? Yeah, it will be much harder to win it in 7, so I'll go w/ 6. We came close to knocking them out last year, don't forget. And the Cavs are easily the biggest underdog remaining. It's like GS guys, come on! :p

4. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Despite their obvious flaws, they were up 3-2 on the Pistons last year and were a rebound away from winning the series. I expect Pistons in 6, but I wouldn't be shocked if Cleveland won in 7.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Objectively, the Cavs shouldn't have much of a chance. They are the type of team that should be very easy for the Pistons defense to shut down. But something in me hopes it's time for a regime change.

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Agree. I think it's time we find out if Lebron is the next Jordan or just another Kobe Bryant. If he somehow wins and gets to the Finals then this could get scary the kid is only 22 years old.

Prediction - Cavs win in game 7, Lebron puts the dagger in the final minute.

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Pistons are to the Cavs now what they were to the Bulls in the late 80's. They just seem to have Cleveland's number...

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

And then MJ put an end to the Bad Boys and the Jordan Rules maybe Lebron needs to do same. Can he? I doubt it but crazier things have happened before.

9. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

10. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

I agree....Detroit is a threat from all 5 positions, each player capable of scoring 20 plus on a given night. Plus they play excellent, grind out D.

The only way Piston loses the East is via indifference.

LeBron can average 50 and if the rest of his team watches in awe, it will be a D-town sweep.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Jordan Rules: Does that mean Detroit is gonna rough up LBJ?

Who will play Bill Laimbeer?

Tayshaun Prince does not have that kind of menacing personality to get into someone's head. Yeah is an absolute topnotch defender but not a guy you send out to literally knock someone out.

Man those were the good day's when you could rough up a guy without fear of suspension. Today Bruce Bowen is a model citizen compared to the "Bad Boys".

Lebron Rules are pretty lame nothing entertaining about it.

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Whats up with teams wearing alternate unis in the playoffs?

Cleveland, Utah, Denver, New Jersey, Phoenix, Miami

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Wow Pistons still taking naps in the playoffs. I thought the conference finals were suppose to wake them up. :eek: zzZ

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

only 6 down at the half though - look out for them

im throughly impressed by Varejao!! Kid can play. Lets find a way to make him a Rocket sooner than later!!

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Varegao - Another free agent Rockets might want to take a look at. He always plays with a lot of hustle and energy. Sorta like a bigger stronger chuck hayes.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow, what an ugly game. 35 freaking points at halftime. What is this....A Rockets game?!!!!!! :eek: .........................:(

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

DEEETROIT BASKETBALLL!!!

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I didnt even realise he was a free agent??

this guy is on the verge of pricing himself out of the partial MLE we could offer him.

of course we could offload the whole lot to him, and have no PG again next year, but that would be unwise.

regardless, i like Varejao.

19. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

which conference final is more ugly? I say the Eastern.

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

eastern totally

has been that way for years