1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early voting tally.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Oct 29, 2004.

Tags:
?

Whom did you vote for President?

1. Bush

49 vote(s)
    33.8%
  2. Kerry

85 vote(s)
    58.6%
  3. Other

11 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

This is why I think Tuesday night will be a long night. The early polls (Indian and Kentucky) close at 6pm, then Florida at 7 and Ohio at 7:30.

Around 8:30 people like to call the election in favor of someone, but there is going to be alot of people in line in Florida and Ohio at 9-10pm waiting to vote (as long as you are in line at Ohio at 7:30 you can vote).

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

In Philly?

Ours was only about 30-40 minutes in Houston district 022 last Thursday.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They said that in Travis county early voting was expected to top 200,000, and that is a normal turnout in a presedential election.

The numbers are gonna be big.

Fun Tuesday.

DD

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I agree with you. The way the numbers are shaking down, it looks like this will be the largest turnout percentage-wise for a Presidential election since 1960. In 1960, a little over 63% of registered voters actually voted. Highest percentage turnout in US History.

Now, "fun" is another story altogether!

:D

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in New York? then your vote didn't count. they only count the absentee votes here if it's close.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I voted last Wednesday, and I'm glad I got it out of the way during early voting. I ended up having to drive back to Texas in order to vote, I forgot to do an absentee ballot. Oh well. I waited in line for maybe 10 minutes. That's really great considering I've heard stories about people waiting for 2 to 3 hours. In Bowie County, early voting doubled from 2000 to 2004. Turnout is going to be great...

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

1 vote for me. And to get the female vote - I added my wife as VP! Yall can come up to Camp David for my celebration!

{The highest job in the land and these are the 2 we have to pick from?}

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

basso is this true?

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Okay basso I've done some checking and called the elections board here in the city.

I want to know where you got your info because I was assured that all absentee ballots were counted if postmarked correctly.

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I would assume that what basso said couldn't be true. I mean, he acted as if there was ONE election and if it was close, then they would count your ballots. However, I'm assuming you voted for several things, many of which will be within the margin of the # of absentee ballots.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What Basso said would only make sense if there was only one race, and no measures on the ballot. I doubt that is the case. There are usually numerous local races, proposals, initiatives etc. that are also on a ballot and my go any number of ways. I can't imagine that they would only look at the way a person voted for those if the Presidential race happened to be close.

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

There are some reports of, potentially, 65 percent voter turnout by the time the polls close on Tuesday. That's unreal and, at the same time, a little sad considering that means 35 percent of Americans still didn't vote. :)

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Nope, Albuquerque, NM.

14. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

me, too. same town, same wait- but on friday night

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Really? I was at the San Mateo/Trumbull HR Block. As we're standing in line this old truck sideswipes an s-10 right in front of us. Nothing funnier than seeing 100+ people jump in the air! Where'd you vote at?

16. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

This is probably just spin but my girlfriend volunteered today at the RNC site her ein Columbus today and they are saying Bush is winning the early votes by 8%. No idea on state breakdown or any way to verify.

So maybe it's spin to keep the morale up, maybe it's a reflection of who voted early, maybe it's just bad information or maybe it's the truth but I'm going to sleep a little better tonite.

Four more years!
    Up at 5, be in line to vote at 6:30 and see W at Noon in Columbus!
    What a great day!

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

See Libs? We told you you're outta touch with reality. Way outta touch. The rest of the country has spoken.

18. RocketMan Tex

Goodbye freedom.
    Hello Armageddon.

19. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty we are free at last.

20. RocketMan Tex

Free to take a giant sh*t on the United States Constitution.

Goodbye civil liberties.
    Goodbye middle class America.

Time to turn the clock back.