1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Each person list one example of how Bob McNair has hurt this franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Plowman, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Outside of Texas, in Chicago and other places I am in; I never hear anything negative about the fans of the Texans, only that the franchise is clueless and Osweiler is a running joke. I heard Hub Arkush today discussing that he thinks the Texans are clueless, took the easy way out investing in Osweiler and he sees a loss against Green Bay and a real possibility of the Texans collapsing. The issue of fan support with the Texans never comes up.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh they get plenty of support due to the size of the city. When I talk about the fans, I'm really talking about the low football IQ and the BS whining all the time. Anyway, I kind of want the Texans to have some down years because there are a lot of people pretending to be Texans fans that I sort of wish would move on. It would certainly make talking about the team more productive.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The good news is that the Cowboys aren't a joke anymore for the first time since the 90's, so a lot of "Texans fans" will hop back on that bandwagon.

4. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't a franchise QB, he was never going to be a franchise QB. No one other than the Texans felt he could be a franchise QB. The Texans wrapped up $36,000,000 in cap space for a QB that isn't the solution to the present or future.

So no, it wasn't a good move when they made it, it isn't a good move now and it sure won't be a good move in 2017.

Rather than spending $36,000,000 on a back up QB; they should hire someone that can scout quarterbacks and develop them.... because this front office is obviously incapable of doing so, instead throwing money at a back up with a handful of starts.

A "deserving" or "good" fanbase doesn't sit idly by and smile while the franchise is ran by mediocre at best people.

5. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans have had plenty of "down years", anyone sticking around at this point is a real fan... the product has scared any bandwagon away 10X over.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, I'll leave this thread to the most special "Texans fans".

Have fun kids.

7. raining threes

Condescending much?

Lets talk football, are the Texans any closer to a Super Bowl now than they were 15 years ago? What have they done to improve their talent evaluators so the loyal fan base hope for a better future?

The answer is, the McNair's are content banking a billion dollars and while they would like to win. Winning is probably in the 3-5 range of what's most important to them. If they keep this up, even though Houston is a football town, the Astros with a great season will put a dent in their $$$$ and maybe things will change. I have my doubts.

Richie_Rich, CometsWin and Nook like this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

McNair hires terrible people who sign terrible QBs.

He's a loser owner.

Nothing much more needs to be said.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  9. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

The team name

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He has allowed Jerruh Jones to expand his dominance in Texas.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Kept Kubiak way too long - 3 seasons longer than he should have.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Along with bringing about presense of low-informed bandwagon raging "Houston" fan -

Then the other end of having some smug self-appointed expert push some "Voice of Reason" title on people, so they can feel some superiorities for themselves. Just insufferable all around.

Richie_Rich and Mr. Clutch like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

He's a big poopie pants meany that hurt my feelings

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Passing on P.Manning

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Worst fans for sure. The people who loved mallet and osweiler signings are the ones trying to lecture us on what it means to be a smart fan.

Absolutely awful how some are throwing Hokpins under the bus for Brock's trash play

I blame McNair for lowering the collective IQ of the city by building one of tje dumbest front offices in the league

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Settles on mediocrity

Doesn't let anyone else have input for important positions like QB

Nook likes this.
  17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It starts and ends with keeping Rick Smith in his current role for far too long. We desperately need some fresh blood in the front office.

Exactly 1.5 good seasons (infamous NE game in 2012 where we fell off the cliff is where the 1/2 comes in) in 11 years under Rick, the rest have been mediocre to bad.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

This encapsulates the history of the Houston Texans.

They should just paint it on the owners box and outside the locker room doors.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I got nothing

I get to watch my hometown team play every week and win more often than they lose in 5 of the past 6 seasons. I can't stand their lack of a consistent QB but I love the defense they've built over that period of time.

20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Was Kubiak really the problem, though? I mean, he did win a SB with Denver man. Fans never liked him, but our fans never like anyone.