1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EA Sports College Football 2025

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope it’s not just a madden clone

Ziggy likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The payment and lincesing deal is, imo, much more interesting than the game itself.

I'm interested where it will lead in 10 or 15 years.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This game is the only reason I owned a gaming system.

Do you think they'll make it for PS3?

BenignDMD likes this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[cool story bro] My brother was the kicker/punter for SWT in the mid to late 90's. EA came to them one year for the game back then and he was recorded as the sound made when the ball was kicked. But, because he was a college player then, they didn't have to pay him s***. It was his foot that made the sound for years until they stopped making the game. [/cool bro story]

MadMax, Sooty and whozee like this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

Liked the original NCAA better than Madden. It just seemed more fun. bigger plays. More scoring and less predictable. Lot's of changing parts. That said, how will recruiting work, lol. Recruiting used to be sort of fun, now I just got fork over some cash.

Ziggy likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What set the games apart, especially later in development, was that Madden had all these forced, canned animations that overwrote stick skills. Especially on defense. IIRC the very last iteration of NCAA had the same issues emerging. More reliance on canned animations vs sticks.

I played NCAA religiously (dynasty online with friends) - but have not played a football game since it's demise.

I will pickup the new game but wont play it much if it isn't good.