1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E3 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jev5555, Jun 15, 2015.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

It has never been Nintendo's style to push a product and parade it throughout the production cycle. They showed the Zelda teaser last year and are probably hard at work at Nintendo HQ working away to make sure it is Nintendo-grade quality.

Nintendo also started doing Nintendo Directs instead of waiting for these big gaming conferences. They even had one just before E3 showing off the new Smash Bros content. When Zelda has a quality update they will choose to show it off.

While not supported by a bunch of 3rd parties, Nintendo has done a fair job in supplying a good amount of games for the Wii U and also providing GOOD DLC content to keep their games fresh (Mariokart 8, Super Smash Bros, Splatoon, Amiibo)

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Blah blah blah.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I missed he Square Enix press conference. Development Hell is real! This is why I say we will never see the games we really want. No hope for Kingdom Hearts 3 or FF7; you know something is going to happen.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

No, I'm in the Preview Program so I may give it a shot this week.

22 games so far, with about 100 by Q4 - http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Backward_Compatibility_Game_List

I have a few of these, so I'll give it a shot when I've got some time.

5. RMGEEGEE

No intendo senor.

You're frustrated at Nintendo yet no company can appease the ADHD gamer these days. I think Nintendo is doing it right given their resources.

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I disagree, I think Nintendo has just been riding the popularity of their IP for more than a decade.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Have faith my friend. I think Square is going to finally start focusing on the games that will once again endear them to their fanbase. FF15, FF7, and KH3 will see the light of day

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Uncharted 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, FFVII remake!!!

Will finally get a wii just for Starfox.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Playing the Gears of War beta right now. Bringing back some great memories.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Those aren't 'hardcore gamers'.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ayup.

Care to explain?

I signed up / got into the beta. I never liked Gears multiplayer, but I loved the campaigns. I'll give it a shot anyway.

12. Coach AI

I don't really think that, say, a Zelda fan is really that separate a market from, say, a Mario or Smash or Kirby or Yoshi fan. Nor do I think one of those really counts as more 'hardcore' than others. Not having Zelda ready isn't exactly a lack of catering to anyone other than the person that really wants Zelda to be out.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't reference Zelda once in that post. Nintendo definitely doesn't care about hardcore gamers, if you disagree you haven't looked at their releases recently. I'm mostly annoyed about Metroid Prime.

14. Coach AI

Your post was in reference to someone being disappointed that Zelda wasn't there, so I was just following that conversation.

I don't know what you would qualify as a 'harcore gamer', but Nintendo cares about the same people they always have; people that play Nintendo games. IMO those are generally pretty high quality and well made, and I would consider anyone who is pretty hardcore about gaming to have experienced some of them.

2015 definitely has been pretty dry. 2014 had Mario Kart, Smash, DKC, Bayonetta and some other highly rated titles. As it currently stands I would say that Nintendo's first party library has been building pretty strong (particularly after the slow start you mentioned).

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

2015 brought us Splatoon, and will bring us Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wolly World, & Starfox, so in the end should be a decent year. Mario Party 10 also came out, but I found it to be disappointing (not terrible, but I miss the old system).

Not having Zelda for Wii U this year is a huge letdown. It is my favorite Nintendo franchise. Wind Waker (since I never had it) & Hyrule Warriors have helped to quench my thirst for a new Zelda, but I'm mad we won't have one until 2016 (assumed).

16. RMGEEGEE

Nintendo has stayed true to it's brand and replicated success in original formatting and design. Yeah they've recycled characters, storylines, controls, but never stops them from being charming & fun.

Riding popularity is never a bad thing when you have a large enough wave of followers.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hadoken

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

nvm om Star Fox. Those look like PS2 graphics. I know the wiiu isn't the most powerful system but dem graphics are ridiculous.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah if someone told me that game was coming out for 3DS I would believe them.

Its a shame Nintendo had such a poor showing for their Direct or Conference or whatever the hell cuz the Nintendo World Championships they held on Sunday were fun as hell and really spoke to me as a gamer.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j1vSYIHlMp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aLRWL0s0l10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>