1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E3 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Firstly, odd that I don't see The Division in there. A lot of people are talking about that one. Am I just not seeing it?

Secondly, ugh at the next Phoenix Wright. I totally want it, but it's digital-only in the US. If it were on a MS or Sony system instead, no problem. But Nintendo's draconian method of "digital purchases are tied to the hardware, durr durr durr" makes me leery of ever buying digital content from Nintendo.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It's in there, under Tom Clancy's The Division.

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

6. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

LOL, you obvisoley have not done any investigation into the matter. This reads like some bad political attack ad that gives half truths and leaves the reader with the wrong insight on the matter!

Ad example: Politician A says he is taking 'The benefit plan' away! Taking $1000 worth of benefits!! Criminal!! he sucks don't vote for him!

What they leave out is Politician A while he is taking 'the benefit plan' away.. plans on replacing it with the new 'super benefits plan' which gives $2000 worth of benefits!!

That crappy article sounds like one of those ads

Sony wont restrict games!! Says publishers can!!!!! Evil contradictory Sony!!!!!

Even though Sony means they won't restrict games in the way Microsoft is nor will they restrict games anymore then they ever have since PS3.

Pathetic and shows your gullibility

[​IMG]

#788 Realjad, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Random updates (too lazy to post links, but I can provide more details if someone is interested):

MGSV is targeting 60 FPS for PS4/Xbone. I've noticed a lot of 60 FPS games. Kudos to developers. Expected 30 FPS across the board for the most part.

Sony's giving the "PS+ fees are needed to make improvements" BS. Can't fool me twice with that! (actually, can't fool me once)

Sony seemed to more or less confirm the PS4 is designed to be profitable from the start. I think they mean the box in addition to the business. Huge difference from PS2 and PS3. Makes me sad we don't get more for our money like we used to. :(

This isn't news per se, but I just now realized Sony didn't give launch details for the PS4 in Japan. I just assumed it would be launching there this year, alongside Europe and NA. In fact, I assumed it would launch there first, and probably launch there instead of NA/Europe (especially Europe). But kind of sounds like it may not launch there until 2014. Kind of surprising to me. Good move IMO. There is talk of some PS4 event in Japan prior to TGS, so maybe they'll announce plans there (plus new PS4 stuff I guess...PERSONA 5...hey, if we have KH3 and FFXV now, why not?).

I haven't checked the vids, but apparently DriveClub looks horrible. Not good for something that should be your graphical showcase game (especially with Forza, NFS, and even GT6 as "competition"). Though if the original MotorStorm was any indication, Evolution somehow has the ability to radically improve a game's visuals by the time their game launches. I guess that ability is called "make everyone work 7 days a week, 10+ hours a day."

Square-Enix wants to know if people would still want a game like a FF6 remake on a current-gen console (ATB/turn-based and all that). I was too angry to respond to their question.

Best video of E3:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oLLIBA4oE2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit: I also just realized we don't (yet) have a Ridge Racer announced for launch (on either console). Tis a sad time. :(

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I almost felt like punching my computer when i heard about sqaure enix having below expectation income. Wont buy FF15 out of principle.

All that potential money in a FF6 and FF7 remake, and they ignore it and give the middle finger to the fans. I don't even know if a want it made, they'll probably just turn them into sorry action RPG's that they are trying so hard to make happen. No exploration, leveling up or hell even towns.

After 4 masterpieces they decided to start tweaking with 10(which was still good), rebounded with 12 somewhat, and the 13 happened and the bottom fell out. 15 is the first offline FF title I'm genuinely not that interested in. They fixed something that wasn't broken and then tried to tell us what we want.

Sadly the JRPG is dead, eliminated even though millions of us still wanted them

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Quick question on the Xbox one.....so with this always online thing if I am trying to play Madden against a friend in my living room and my internet goes to **** is it going to kick me out of my game if the internet disconnects?

12. RC Cola

Hey, there's always Persona/SMT.

Though the main dev team for that seems to be buddies with the dev teams behind FFXV, Last Guardian, etc.

And Atlus is run by shady criminals who might kill this too (unless a good game publisher buys them).

Shouldn't be a problem (I'm assuming your friend is playing with you on the same Xbox).

Only a problem if your system is offline for 24+ hours. So if you are playing Madden for 24+ hours (and the Internet is offline for 24+ straight hours), you'll be kicked off, but if it is just off for a few minutes or whatever, nothing should happen.

(If your friend plays on your system with his account, he'd only have an hour though, not 24, but that's just a side-note).

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, I've been saying for a long time that by not doing FF6/FF7 remakes, Square Enix is ignoring a license to print money. I just. Don't. Get it.

But I agree with RC that JRPGs aren't necessarily dead. He already mentioned Persona/SMT, but on top of that there's also the Tales series and Xenoblade/X. And Ni No Kuni came out recently.

I don't pre-order things often, but for the past several years I've been sure to pre-order all quality JRPGs that we get over here, just to support the developers and get them to keep releasing them stateside. Voting with my wallet.

Speaking of which, I highly recommend pre-ordering Tales of Xillia if you haven't already. It's been out for a couple years in Japan and they're finally bringing it over here. A lot of people seem to think it may be the best Tales game ever.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Such a shame no new Metroid game is on the horizon. If they could come out with a killer new game for the franchise (that's similar in awesomeness to Super Metroid and Metroid Prime), that could be the one to lure me to the Wii U. Donkey Kong sounds great, but that's not enough. Or bring me a Mario game that takes Galaxy to a whole new level. I'm getting tired of the Super Mario Bros clones Nintendo's been obsessed with in recent years.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They also opted not to show off the new Zelda for the Wii U which pissed me off but whatever. Maybe at TGS.

17. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Seems like MS is still trying to figure out their target crowd. They are trying to be the console for every consumer...and given that the Wii U has elements of gameplay that are similar to XBone's, then I guess it shouldnt be too surprising that they are attempting this.

19. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

20. RC Cola

Part of this was posted before, but there's some interesting info I just read about:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xb...ng-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

Running this on a W7 PC doesn't surprise me. PCs were used quite a bit for 360 and PS3 games prior to their launches (and not a big deal they aren't using W8 IMO).

What is strange (IMO) is that they're using Nvidia GPUs. Possibly even a GTX Titan (though maybe a 680 or 770/780 GTX), which would be ridiculous. Besides being way, WAY more powerful than what will be in the final system, this isn't even the same GPU architecture. With ~5 months to go before launch, I figured they might have something more comparable to the final hardware.

It is unclear whether this was the case for all Xbone games (Ryse apparently ran on an actual devkit with prototype hardware I believe). Also would not be very surprised if games demoed for PS4 also had similar setups.

I'm worried that we might see some "downgrades" when we get closer to launch. :(