1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E3 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I already saw that in GS forums. ****ing hilarious.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Looks like he's been to the Steve Ballmer executive school of PR.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Kinect Tetris? Kinect Tic-tac-toe?

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

they even have the balls to keep the price of 360 the same
    wow

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I hear there's a good one called "Nuclear Sub Operator."

It'll be released the same day the XBone launches.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Why does Square Enix want to make the action RPG happen with the Final Fantasy Series? Their most popular FF games (X, VIII, etc) have been simple turn-based combat. Why do they want to go away from what works? Were people getting tired of turn-based RPG's before they just started chaning stuff that I'm not aware of?

I wish they would just go back to their roots. Make it turn-based and have an expansive world where you can find cool stuff and defeat stronger monsters than the final boss. simple.

8. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I can only speak for myself, but personally I'm pretty tired of turn-based RPGs (and this coming from a huge JRPG fan), unless they up the ante by doing something like add a grid to make it more tactical, ala Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, or Disgaea. I find that I still don't mind it on, say, FFVII and FFX, but this is only because I'm also on a constant nostalgia-trip while I'm playing them. I don't really want to hear about new games that run a basic turn-based system. And that's probably why I tend to feel more excitement about the Tales games these days than I do for the Final Fantasy games. I just like the faster combat, it's more engaging.

Then again, I love the Persona games, so maybe I'm just fooling myself, and/or I'm full of ****.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, it looks confusing to me too. I can kind of see the core of Kingdom Hearts combat in there (just evolved and taking things from actions games), but some things need to be cleared up/simplified. I'm assuming they were also going for looks rather than functionality for this trailer too (Ryse suffered this a bit too IMO).

I didn't really think much about it since this is a fake game, although I think there might have been some explanations for the combat...somewhere. I just remember reading that the combat definitely seemed to match the controls/hud info (i.e., wasn't just one big scripted thing...or it was a good fake).

If it works, I could see having fun with this fake game though.

Yeah, I'm fine with the action, faster pace as well. They could do turn-base, but they'd have to make it much more strategic and tactical, which I don't think they want to do.

This was supposed to be a spin-off, so guess originally it was a risk worth taking, but since SE let things get out of hand, now they have to make it mainline game.

IIRC, it does have a world map and a few "old school" things like that. Or maybe they ditched that because HD maps are too hard or something. I can't remember dev comments across 7+ years.

10. RC Cola

Hey, a thread breaking down the confusion from the FF gameplay vids:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585421

Apparently Sony says they have 20 exclusives planned for PS4 in the first year, but I guess they don't feel like showing them. I guess TGS and GC are coming up (and Sony needs to focus on other regions, unlike MS), but they probably should have shown a bit more games at E3 for this big reveal. More inFamous and new games, less Sony Pictures exec guy. Yeah, no DRM and $399, but more games should have been shown. You've convinced people that PS4 is the next-gen platform to get, but you haven't convinced people to get one yet.

I think MS says 15-20 exclusives in the first year as well, but they actually did a pretty good job of showing them. Makes people forget about $499, Kinect, and the DRM.

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DxkEe_l7S3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My gosh they guy seems nervous or drastically morally fatigued/letdown

[​IMG]

#771 Realjad, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  12. RC Cola

E3 conferences, abridged:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XlkZNNaYBro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/71H69yDZ6W4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mirror's Edge 2 will be open world. That's cool, right? Right? EA? Cool? Right?
    (next-gen is all about open-world it seems)

To make things more confusing, Sony has clarified that not all games will need PS+ to play online. Like F2P games. The might require PS+, they might not (up to the publisher). Apparently Planetside 2 and DC Universe will not.

So maybe flip a coin when you stick a game in, and if it is heads, sorry, you better be a PS+ subscriber to play it online!

(I think it is just F2P games and maybe some MMOs that might not require it...but I don't know)

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Somehow it didn't even occur to me they might make it open-world. But I think that's pretty cool that that's what they're planning.

Hopes raised back up a bit after that pitiful teaser trailer!

14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

What are the statistics for how many low income families have internet?

15. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Posted this in the other thread.

Mirror's Edge 2 is open-world, says EA exec

I think it will be similar to the Batman games, open concept.

16. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I don't think MS cares about them and their low purchasing power.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

list of all E3 games and platforms:

[​IMG]

19. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Boy FIFA loves to cover all their bases LOL.

Nintendo has really alienated developers, they better keep the In-house stuff crisp because they get no love elsewhere.