1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E.G.'s progress

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WLH, Aug 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. cparka

cparka Member

elton brand went to the big man camp and has been getting better every year - all-star last year for the West wasn't he?

2. cparka

cparka Member

wait a sec.. you're talking about eddie griffin? i know you didn't mean patterson, so when did phil ever coach EG?!

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Shawn Bradley?

Over the years I've heard stories but now I can't remember any of the specifics. Pete Newell is getting up there. That's why I also included "approximating."

Look how much Duncan contributes with less talent but solid fundamentals.... :eek:

4. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I dont understand some of your comments.

EG improved his game is nearly every category in slightly less minutes last year. He still looks like a great prospect to me.

Someone mentioned about his shooting being better in his first year - yet his percentage was in fact improved last year. He is becoming a decent player.

It would be great if he turned into KG all of the sudden, but isn't that an incredibly high standard to hold someone to? Give him a break and lets see what he does this year.

5. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

E.G. :D (Like R. Horry with Will Smith)
    [​IMG]

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Kermit Washington for one. Newell turned Washington from a fringe player (whose rookie contract was about to expire and he was going to be out of a job), into a defensive and rebounding force with the Lakers.

I am sure there are others. Not everything gets documented sometimes.

7. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

I said something about his shooting form and how bad it is and needs correcting. His shooting percentage got slightly better, but his shooting form got worse, as evidenced by his flagging free throw percentage.

He improved his fg% and 3fg% slightly, but both numbers are still deficient. His free throw percentage dropped markedly. My comments are based upon observing his shot and how he misuses his left hand, and how he fails to get a smooth arc and smooth and even backward rotation on the ball.

He has bad shooting fundamentals.

#27 Friendly Fan, Aug 15, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  8. droxford

droxford Member

Umm.. I'm not the foremost expert on this sort of thing, but shouldn't he have learned how to shoot before getting into the NBA?

-- droxford

9. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Jermaine O'neal. Donyell Marshall. Chris Webber.

People expect too much early on. Eddie has a chance to be a really good player in this league. Give hime another couple of years and he could be there.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm more than willing to give him every chance in the world, and those are the kind of results we all hope for... given time, but it's odd that we've heard so little about him this offseason. Of course, that would be true about several of our players.

This has been a strange summer.