1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DYNAMO] Zach Wells for Bobby Boswell

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketFan007, Dec 12, 2007.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2007/12/breaking_news_boswell_traded.html

Well, we have our Ryan Cochrane replacement. I guess Onstad has a few more years in him.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who the hell is Clarence Goodson?

Nice move by the Dynamo. I hate to see Wells go with Onstead going on 39 next season. I though he had some solid minutes, especially in those early CONCACAF games when Onstead was hurt.

I don't know much about Boswell, but hopefully he'll fit right in where Goodson...I mean Cochrane was.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Pretty awesome that Dallas is stuck with Ruiz, too!

I don't really know anything about Boswell (or any other non-Dynamo, mostly) but it appears he had a stupendous 2006 and a god-awful 2007. Hopefully the change of scenery and the Dynamo veteran defenders will bring something back out of him! I guess we're really only going to have him for a year, though, huh?

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Goodson was a CB for Dallas that was selected by San Jose in the expansion draft. I guess the writer figured that was close enough to be from the Dynamo.

I really liked Wells when he got minutes and there's no doubt he's good enough to be a starter. I think that's probably what brought on this trade, he doesn't want to spend another season or two behind Pat and we needed depth in defense.

Boswell is a good player, I'm pretty sure he'll fit right in with the rest of the team.

5. Ming Dynasty

Ming Dynasty Member

I think this is a pretty good deal for the Dynamo. Wells is a worthy starter, but goalie play in the MLS is a little overrated. A good, young CB is worth more than a young goalie.

I'll miss Wells, but this deal sure keeps the Dynamo on track for a third straight title run.