1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] vs. Toronto FC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mtbrays, May 30, 2009.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When: Saturday, May 30, 7:30 PM
    Where: Robertson Stadium
    Television: KHOU 11.2, TV Informa
    Radio: 790 AM (English), 850 AM (Spanish)

Dwayne De Rosario returns to Houston for the first time as a member of Toronto FC tomorrow night. Our Orange are undefeated in their last six matches and find themselves only one point behind second-place Seattle in the Western Conference. This should be a fantastic game, as Toronto is playing well at 4-3-4 and is tied for second-place in the Eastern Conference and it will be interesting to see how the crowd treats Dwayne. I'm imagining a lot of love.

The weather has been nice enough for a great evening game tomorrow night and if you need more incentive, there is the McDonald's 4-Pack going on where you get 4 tickets, two Happy Meals, and two Southern Chicken Sandwiches for $54.

Any thoughts on the match? Are you going to this Dynamo reunion?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i should be going to this game, unless something drastic comes up.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Rollin on! A 3-0 dominating win.

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The Dynamo seem to have hit their stride a few weeks earlier than usual this year. The past few years we've started slow and in June we go on a run and start dominating. It looks like that run came a couple of weeks earlier than before.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's just so uncanny with this team. Our defense has been strong all year and I'm a fan of the Adrian Hainult addition. Kei Kamara is looking good, but I still have doubts if he can keep up this kind of play.

How did the crowd receive De Rosario last night? Was it as friendly as I imagine?

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Missed the game myself but saw the results on the news and I'm currently watching the rewind on 11.2.

All three of the goals were beautiful and apparently, the crowd gave Dwayne his props before the match, but afterward well obviously you didn't hear much from after that point.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Less games probably doesn't hurt. Since they have the chance to play a more regular schedule this season, they should be able to continue dominating, while being more fresh for the playoffs.