1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] vs. Seattle Sounders FC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mtbrays, Aug 22, 2009.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When: August 23, 7:30 PM
    Where: Robertson Stadium, Houston, TX
    Television: KHOU 11.2 (English), TV Informa (Spanish)
    Radio: 790 AM (English), 850 AM (Spanish)

The Western Conference leading Dynamo (11-6-6) come back home after making their first ever Designated Player acquisition in Luis Angel Landin. He's available to play tomorrow, so I hope that we get to see him in action. The Orange are returning after a disappointing 0-0 draw in Salt Lake, which was a promising sign for the defense, but a bad one for the offense.

We've caught a break this week since Seattle (8-6-8), the surprise of the MLS season, is coming to town without two of their best players, Swedish international Freddie Ljungberg and Colombian Freddy Montero, due to yellow card suspension. Seattle is fighting to keep pace in the Western Conference playoff picture; although they're currently in third place with 32 points, they've played poorly as of late and won't be in the awesome confines of Qwest Field, where they beat the Dynamo 2-1 earlier this year.

The Dynamo need a win to keep pace in the race for the Supporters' Shield, since they are now tied with Columbus for the overall points lead. Not to be forgotten, the Los Angeles Galaxy have launched into second place in the West since David Beckham's return and are now only five points behind Houston.

Who is going to the game? I wish I could go, but I've got to hit the road to Austin tomorrow afternoon. I'll definitely be watching, though; I want to see Landin in action!

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Ljungberg may play tomorrow. Either way we should be able to win, it took the ref gifting them a goal to beat us with half our team out in Seattle, now we'll be a lot closer to full strength.

I'm excited to see what Landin brings, I'm hoping he'll get to start and will have time to make his mark. I could see Dom waiting to bring him in later in the game since he hasn't had much time to practice with the team.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ha ha! A goal called off. Let this be known... Seattle forgot that the off-sides rule applies to all defensive players, including goalie or non-goalie. :D

I am biting my nails waiting for Landín to play. :-SS

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

It was a good game, a shame we couldn't get another goal to win it but everyone played pretty well. Landin definitely made some good plays and Cochrane while he seemed a little off played well enough.

Although Jaqua seems like he is determined to constantly be a pain in the rear every time we play against him.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

In his defense, or anyone who plays against former teams' defense if you will, wouldn't you also be attempting to score at will on your former team? I would. I don't care whom I played for, I care who I play for now. :eek: You can't take a break just 'cuz you used to play with someone. :cool:

Just wait until Landín plays an entire half or full game with the team. :eek: