1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] vs. Real Salt Lake

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mtbrays, Sep 19, 2009.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When: Saturday September 19, 7:30 PM
    Where: Robertson Stadium, Houston, TX
    Television: KHOU 11.2
    Radio: 790 AM (English), 850 AM (Spanish)

The Dynamo (11-8-7) come back home to face Real Salt Lake (9-9-7) for their first home game in some time. The Orange are on a two game losing streak and have played RSL to draws both times they've played this season. Although we sit atop the Western Conference, we're now two points behind Columbus for Supporter's Shield. Keep in mind that Los Angeles is only two points behind us in the West and Salt Lake, who'd be out of the playoffs if they started today, is only six points behind the Dynamo.

It will also be our first game without Kei Kamara, meaning that we may get to see Luis Angel Landin start. That should be exciting!

Who's going to the game? I wish I could, but am sadly out of Houston.

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Eh, we saw Landin start last week didn't we?

I just hope the team is ready to play and more importantly, score. We need some points at this stage.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

They made it tougher than it needed to be, but they got the win.

Somebody should explain to them that red cards are bad, that's five games in a row with a Dynamo player getting ejected.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honestly, I am starting to think it isn't the Dynamos at this point, some of the red cards are out right stupid and the fault of the opposing teams.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A win is a win, but this team isn't playing like one that's going to win the title. I hope they don't think they're just going to turn it on come playoff time. I'm concerned that potentially 3 starters will be out of the lineup again for a significant stretch when the US sets the roster for the last 2 qualifiers.

I always have confidence in Dom and the team, but there just seems to be something missing this year...and I think I know what it is...he goes by DeRo.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The Dynamo have a bye the weekend of the 10th so we won't miss any players for those two qualifiers. We would just have to worry about players being tired if they have to play in those two games, I don't see Stu or Ching getting a lot of minutes though.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Guess it depends...If we win @ Honduras, Bradley will surely go with a completely experimental lineup that would likely include Holden since we will have clinched. Clark is surely going to start the Honduras game.